I really like the views that seem to be on offer in Niseko of Yotei-san. I was wondering in winter season is Niseko known for having many clear sky days?

I am thinking of going up there (at last!) next season.

Niseko has bluebird days wendy. Id just imagine that most people would prefer it to be dumping than see Yotei. A good storm the previous day and through the night with clear skies off the peak is quite nice though \:\)

*while Yotei is nice there is no comparison looking at Yotei and the Alps. The alps around Hakuba are just awesome IMHO. Regardless youll have fun at any resort \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
The alps around Hakuba are just awesome IMHO. Regardless youll have fun at any resort \:\)
They're awesome because they're around HAKUBA :p
If Yotei was near Hakuba< I'm sure it'd be way cooler. ;\)

Yotie-san is on my to do list too. it just stands there teasing you.

i'll have to do some prep work beforehand, they say it's a 5 hour trek to the top.

Anyone done it?? or know anyone who has???

Wendy bluebird days are pretty rare in the winter months. Snow falls on average about 23 to 24 days in each of the winter months and most of the other days are cloudy. Still if you come for a couple of weeks there`s a reasonable chance you`ll at least get one clear morning cool.gif .

Yotei is a good 5 hour hike, but the hardest part is the top...

It took us maybe 3 hours to get to 1200 meters then 2 hours to get to 1600, heh. The trip was actually put off twice because Yotei just wouldn't clear up... though this meant that there was fresh powder in annupuri and hirafu, so :p