TR: Let The Stink Begin. First Turns of 06/07

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love those pants

They are getting real stained up. Covered in all sorts of greasy stains from the realy healthy food I eat in the mountains

They are just 2000yen track pants. Quick drying so I don't have to wear ski pants in the warmer parts of the BC ski season

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
There a lots of jobs Daver
Just not for the oh so popular Social Studies positions

Also depends on what you call rural
Nelson isn't rural
There might be jobs for me in places like New Denver, Kaslo or Nakusp. I'd gladly live in any of those places as they are all in the same school district as Nelson so I could build up my scenority and then move into a place like Nelson or Slocan.

If you can teach math, science, french, computers etc you can get a job pretty much anywhere
how bout teach Japanese as a Yank \:D
  • 3 weeks later...

whitewaterentryshotgh0.jpg

My day today

Did 3 laps at Whitewater almost getting 1000m vert. Got there early before the crowds. Maybe 10-12 cars in the parking lot when I left at 12. Lots of kids building jumps and lots of backcountry skiers.

This was my second run. The first I was a little unsure of the snow pack so skied into the bowl through thick trees just to the right. It was stable so skinned back up and skied this line. The snow was great. A firm carvable base. Even though that is a huge boulder field at the bottom I never scraped the bases up

thumbsup.gif

Great Toque, that boulder field covered in snow at the bottom looks like avie debris! Good to know you are out there already. On your own that time or with your 2 lady colleagues? I still do not know when I will be going on my first outing so nice to see some fresh powder. I enjoyed my time skiing in Canada, but was always scratching my bases on rocks. ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by eskimobasecamp:
very nice beanie clap.gif

my mates rode happo again yesterday, they didn't even have to hike - the gondola and the lifts to the virgin cafe were running apparently.
Wow, that must have been fun. What was the gondola and lift ticket price? Could you have used your season pass if you went?

i don't know what the deal was with the lifts allowing people to ride them? the resort is not open. 5 people were riding happo yesterday. they reported 30cm on usagidaira. i don't even have my season pass yet... and usually my pass is valid from 1st december... so umm no, but given that i need to buy new ski boots in the immediate future, i won't be riding anything until i do.

Quote:
i don't even have my season pass yet... and usually my pass is valid from 1st december... so umm no, but given that i need to buy new ski boots in the immediate future, i won't be riding anything until i do.
Ahhh, the beauty of a credit card EBC. Get what you want and need now...pay later! Just remember it is NOT a well-endowed savings acount. In my experiences, women have trouble comprehending this concept. But I love using the old Visa to iron out cash-flow creases - even though I do tend to get myself in trouble every now and then

no no nothing to do with credit cards -- i'm a government employee and get the hakuba 7 mountain pass, i have to wait until they give it to everyone. i've already paid for it, doesn't cost very much ;\)

i am a huge liability with a credit card however, just ask my mother, who's emails are usually entitled 'credit card'

Whitewater

whitewaterfromparkingloit0.jpg

And then today

Skinned up to the top of Red. It was hard. But made it up there in just over 2 hours. So many short 10-20 second breaks. Snow was horrible. I was hoping that at least up high it would be packed powder. NOPE. Breakable crust the entire 1000meters of vert getting way worse at the bottom. Pretty much just traversed back and forth with kick turns to go the other way.

rednovemberev0.jpg