TR: Let The Stink Begin. First Turns of 06/07

The original plan was just to skin up on some scraps of snow from earlier in the week however last night it snowed for a bit and dropped about 15cm

Top of Whitewater Ski Hill

1stdayskiingmeod9.jpg

Don't laugh. I had to make due with what I had. And it is October

1stdayskiingturnsds1.jpg

Ymir (Why-mir) from the parking lot. This is why I got a season pass to this resort. FT was always gabbing about it. I finally clued in.

1stdayskiingymirks2.jpg

1stdayskiingtressvy3.jpg

That's it

I was up on top in a bit of time and it was 300 vert so that for me counts as my first day thumbsup.gif

Let the season of the stink begin \:D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice toque um i told yeah so. The other great thing is that you will now be in and near nelson alot. as the great stimpy would say "OH joy", cheap gear chances have just gotten better.

I told yeah so i told yeah so I told yeah so

Dude you have found your home if only i could make a living there I would live there too. Your topo map has more than likely already blown your mind. Send me one for Xmas mate please.

Also you look better with no beard mate.

fark that hitting on you.

Im secure in telling me mates when they look stupid or not. that beard made you look like a person that smoked way too much drugs, and pulled himself off in front of a bear.

Now im jealous cause whitewater is so sick I think you must find a job there MUST. that way i will be able to come and visit after peak times here.

thats right by my hometown, Cranbrook.

truthully, i`ve never seen Whitewater on a clear day, and neither will you once winter rolls in.

Kootenay lake gets socked in, and it rains a fair bit, which translates to lots of snow for whitewater.

By the way, i remember that place hving the BEST lodge food ever.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
fark that hitting on you.

Im secure in telling me mates when they look stupid or not. that beard made you look like a person that smoked way too much drugs, and pulled himself off in front of a bear.

Now im jealous cause whitewater is so sick I think you must find a job there MUST. that way i will be able to come and visit after peak times here.
well if he had kept the beard he could have fit in just fine with the selkirk locals and as such easily have found a "job" of the variety you alluded to.
 Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
Just ragging on you dude

I'd really love to work in this area
For me with just Social Studies I'd have to be on the sub list for like 5 years before something came up though
Never say never though...
not much work for teachers in the area toque? i would have figured there would be more need for teachers in rural areas.

There a lots of jobs Daver

Just not for the oh so popular Social Studies positions

Also depends on what you call rural

Nelson isn't rural

There might be jobs for me in places like New Denver, Kaslo or Nakusp. I'd gladly live in any of those places as they are all in the same school district as Nelson so I could build up my scenority and then move into a place like Nelson or Slocan.

If you can teach math, science, french, computers etc you can get a job pretty much anywhere