• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer luv to FT. Really looking forward to it and I'm counting on you Hakuba gurus to open up and let me in on the best powder stashes.

All in the name of research of course. ;\) I can't be biased now.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
 Quote:
Originally posted by db le spud:

Are you doing a Niseko-Hakkuba back to back trip?
Yes Mate. I've decided to put this Niseko vs Hakuba thing to bed for good.

I'm spending a lot of my own time and money doing this research for you guys so I hope you all appreciate what I'm doing. It's the last thing I want to be doing in Feburary beleive me.
I did it last year. Unfotunately the conditions sucked in the end of january when I was there (rain crust covered in dust)so I didnt get the gold. One thing I will say though is without a decent length of time and/or some local knowledge I dont think the goods are blatantly obvious.

Good research. You'll probably like Niseko more as with almost no effort you can be riding through well spaced trees and knee deep dry powder. And for an Australian, that is a very unique event... that will probably happen the day you arrive.

Why aren't you spending this time, money and leave pass from the wife going surfing? hmm.

Quote:
Originally posted by db le spud:

Why aren't you spending this time, money and leave pass from the wife going surfing? hmm.
getting to old now for hardcore surftrips, time to move on to softer sports like snowboarding. ;\)

haha poofter is such a great piece of Aussie coloquialism...I love it.

Spud - Yeh sure there are an abundance of well spaced tree runs which are easily accesible from the lifts in Niseko. BUT, if you're not on it early, chances are they'll be more tracked than a repeat-offending paedophile.

That said, if you venture a little further you can still find fresh stuff. As you know.