it's never too early to start looking 4ward 2 the new videos:

FORUM, "THAT" release 4 Aug

Absinthe, "MORE" 1 Sep

Whiteout, "It was a Good Year" "fall 2006"

TRG, "ANAMOLY" soooooon, hopefully; the super mario teaser is up. can't tell where, but there's some footage of japan on it.

BANFF Film Festival, November

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's always fun to see these clips. I'm not sure I'm interested in long full length versions though. How long do they last?

• 2 weeks later...

randomly came across this j-video over at a video website went to check it out on Friday nite:

3-1.jpg

it was a video by neoimpress, tho i can't say i was very impressed. 80% rails, 10% bc, 10% shots of tree leaves and the nature. still, good 2 C people making video doing what they luv 2 do. AK, i think you woulda liked it

• 3 weeks later...

last saturday, Volcom had an premerie of "ESCRAMBLE" but i was at the beach.

for peeps in tokyo, whiteout film fest dates are out.

WFF.jpg

Thurs 9.28 "MORE" Absinthe and "DRAW THE LINE" Standard Films

Fri 9.29 2 J videos

rach, videos vary, but most are between 30-45 minutes long. it was an annual ritual in my family 2 5 watch Warren Miller films, considered the father of ski movies. TGR spoofs his narration in one of their teasers on their site.

last year at whiteout in tokyo, i got a bunch of freebies.

After last years nasty mistake I will stay away from Standard Films. The directors of Paradox singularly failed to bring out the better personalities of most riders. One or two good guys in 91 Words For Snow were made to look like just another collection of dicky pro snowboarders in Paradox. The entire movie seemed totally pointless, just a snowboard movie of good snowboarders for the sake of it. Almost anyone could have made it.

Looking for this years movies, what is the snowboard equivalent of Warren Millers stuff?

Warren Miller was the first 2 make ski movies (and then gradually snowboarders in his movies) popular. then peeps started making their own videos and replaced the sometimes overly sentimental narrations with tunes and then Shawn Farmer dabauchery

a WM flick wouldn't be complete without a fast-forwarding section of peeps falling trying to get off the chairlift. the end of WM flicks are often like: "So take a chance one year and move to a ski town."

WM flicks were marketed towards the one-week-per-year ski-vacation demographic and he's done so much for the industry.

now WM is like 82 and still making films.

But, i'd just rather watch something else. i've never seen an equivalent to a WM flick in any snowboard flick, so i can't say spud.

i just know that when i was 8 years old, i wanted 2B Scott Schmidt jumping off cliffs and skiing down killer narrow chutes.

i'm not expecting much from standard films, haven't seen pre- TB8 Infinity. and that was, what, like seven years ago? nevertheless, i'm looking 4ward to jeremy jones section in "Draw the Line"

also wanna C Absinthe's flick!!!!

geez, my posts R becoming mini-essays like Urs \:D

yeah, not a bad mini essay effort there. Keep it up.

My mistake, I thought (incorrectly) WM was the guy that made beautiful free ride movies without any hype or resorts: just mountains and riding. Since it isn't WM who makes those types of movies, who does?

Absinthe always makes quality stff, two of my favorite films ever are `Trancendence` and `Pop`.

But this year, i`m looking forward to a road trip documentary. Travis Parker, Louie Fountain, a filmer, and the unimitatable Scotty Whittlelake build a pedal-powered car, and take a road-trip around the NW states. Its called `Bike Car`.

Hey CB, welcome back!! hope the pinkeyes are better

sucks you missed last year's Banff. it was really interesting. most super short films (4mins.). the feature film was over an hour about this guy who traversed Australia south to north with only his dog and a cart of supplies. thumbsup.gif

another highlight was about sherpa women who scaled everest, the first group of women to ever do so.

the dates for japan weren't the last time i checked, but they're here here

and when they go on sale, people get 'em quick

they sell out fast every year.

just go to a local patagonia shop and buy your tickets there. as far as i know, that's the only way you can get them.

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
bit late but, thanks dizzy \:\)
late for what?

danchi: real estate, estate, or complex. but in the context of the video, it's kind of like home. the guys spend the winter living in their cars/vans and riding hokkaido powder, so their crew is called car danchi.

yeah, check the link cb put up. that's where i look

I got to see Escramble a few weekends back. Not a bad flick, but I expected more since Volcom usually puts out good flicks.

Escramble Pro's

* Landvik's bottomless pow runs intro

* Terje, Guch & Jamie top-to-bottom freeriding in Jackson Hole

* silly claymation

Escramble Con's

* too long booter sessions

* anti-climactic finish

We just placed an order at a snowboard shop in Sapporo and put Car Danchi 2 with the rest of the goods. I really liked the first one, so I'm excited to see this next effor by Neil. I'm also looking forward to More and Bikecar.

Information on Icon 5 (I have 3 and 4) and theyre good, but a little on the short side compared with other countries' movies.

エビスフィルムズからのお知らせです。

icon 5 PREMIERE TOUR 10/3~

10月3日(火) 東京

18:40OPEN 19:00第1回上映 20:30 第2回上映

入場無料  定員各回180名

会場:めぐろパーシモンホール(東横線 都立大学駅 徒歩7分) 目黒区八雲1-1-1

※第2回上映は混雑が予想され、また消防法のſ 06;係上、定員を超えた場合にはご入場いただけませ& #12435;。できるだけ第1回上映にお越し下さいますよ{ 58;お願い申し上げます。

10月7日(土) 札幌

19:00OPEN 19:30START

入場無料  定員300名

会場:札幌エルプラザ内3Fホール 札幌市北 306;北8条西3丁目(JR札幌駅北口より徒歩3分)

10月8日(日) 富良野

18:00OPEN 18:30START ※ローカル作品上映予定

入場無料  定員100名

会場:富良野文化会館 大会議室 富良野市弥生町1-2

10月13日(金) 盛岡

「MOUNTAIN JAM 2006 / green clothing + ebis films.」

18:30OPEN 19:00START ※green clothingスライドショー有

入場料 1,500円(1 Drink)  

会場:player's cafe(盛岡大通りサンビル向かい地下一階)

前売りチケット問合せ:019-659-2234 Nallows(ナロウズ)

03-3469-7501 (エビスフィルムズ)

10月14日(土) 仙台

「ATOMIC FFG presents「SNOW FILM FESTA」/ mighty jamming + ebis films. 」

18:30OPEN 19:00START ※2006 ATOMIC PV、revival(mighty jamming)、icon 5(ebis films.) 3作品上映予定

入場無料 定員180名

会場:せんだいメディアテーク 7F スタジオシアター 仙台市青葉区春日町2ー1

10月17日(火) 深谷

18:00OPEN 18:30第1回上映 20:00第2回上映

入場無料 定員各回50名

会場:深谷シネマ チネフェリーチェ 埼玉県深谷市仲町2?25

※予約受付等は行ないませんので、直接会場におŪ 34;し下さい。

※各会場、定員を超えた場合は入場できない場合{ 64;あります。

お問い合わせ: info@ebisfilms.jp 03-3469-7501 エビスフィルムズ 

http://www.ebisfilms.jp/

No Kansai showing \:\(