good info, CB, thx. i'd like to check it out if i don't have work.

66, good to hear. Escramble was up there on my list, but...

another good series of videos you might like RUWE (pronounced like a mixture of ru-way and lu-way); RUWE 2 was released last year. just chill, good local riding.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

anyone in tokyo planning on going to whiteout this thursday nite?

i have two extra tickets due to buddy's bailing out.

shibuya Amuse CQN

starts 21:30, 1500yen per ticket, incl. 1 drink

teaser here

word 'round the camp fire is that TGR's Anamoly had to be entirely re-edited for sound!! eek.gif eek.gif

"Teton Gravity canceled September screenings of their ski movie Anomaly in Utah today. According to some guy on their forum who spoke about the issue in a manner that certainly indicated he knew what he was talking about, it was a music licensing issue. They didn’t get a deal made on a song they used and now they have to re-edit the whole movie’s soundtrack." --THE GOAT

WHITEOUT FILM FEST on Thursday

DRAW THE LINE:

--Too many shots in slow motion. If I really wanna see what somebody's doing for a certain trick/certain footage, I'll use the slow motion and pause buttons on my DVD player

--Randomly edited slow-motion shots of people doing jumps over a sunset was nice. i don't know how they did it, but the view of the camera allows you to see a completely new angle of a 720 that hasn't been seen before. it's like your rotating while the rider is rotating(or rotating counter to the rider). Swweeeet. but they were put in a really random order throughtout the video.

--I saw what looked like Ian's woods in their during one of the Whistler segements.

--TGR/other overlaps. It's interesting to see the same location in different films. The same Super Mario Mushroom in the TGR trailer is in Draw the Line. no mario music in DTL tho.

--Jeremy Jones is the man

--random music choices: heavy metal/hard rock/ followed by rap

MORE:

--Sweet! A lot of clean shots, good tunes, and stylishing put together.

--Travis Rice is pushing freestyle in the back country more and more. Sick!

--More jibs and urban riding than DTL.

--nothing but goodness to say about MORE. except that I want more.

Marc Frank Montoya made a stage appearance between films. The Japanese MC, Marc, and Marc's Japanese interpretor were on stage.

Everything was dandy and the three of them were talking about how Marc injured his knee during the 5th day of filming so his segment had turned out short. Then the MC said to Marc, "Makku ha kakkoii ne. puro dakara, puro dakarane.(You're cool. 'Cause you're a pro, BRO.)" Kind of sarcastic nuance in Japanese the way the MC said it. But Marc's interprator didn't interprate this for Marc, so Marc couldn't answer. He just kind of stood there and sheepishly nodded and smiled. Was dissappointing and irritating to watch this transpire.

To top this off, the MC then said something to the effect of, "yeah, we know you're tired today, HUH?" in Japanese. Again, the guy didn't translate for Marc and Marc couldn't say anything. For puck's sake! Sure, Marc Frank Montoya is no spring-chicken (there's plenty of young talent out there), but that is no way to treat an international guest. Totally Ridiculous!!!!! mad.gif

WHITEOUT FILM FESTIVAL: FRIDAY

B/C of what happened Thursday, i wanted to burn my Friday-night ticket and never have anything to do with championvisions again, but then again, Fri was J-videos only. convinced myself it might be different.

LAST-IGNITION/SELF-IGNITION:

4 guest appearances, director + 3 riders. one rider genki and the other two quiet while the director was just being cool.

--only 24 minutes

--some nice shots, but nothing too memorable

--footage of the newest fad to hit urban riding since roof boarding buildings: using the roof of your car/van to slide on top of!!

RED EYE'S FILM OBESSION:

8 or 9 guest appearances

it's like a script from manzai or something. Cool Director; Super COOL Rider, "was up, BRO."-type of dude; Hyper-active Genki Rider; Funny Entertainer Man with little snowboard talent, mostly there to widen the prospective scope of the market audience (he's a VJ on MTV Japan sometimes); other Mr. Silents

--all right tunes, english and japanese punk influenced emo-rock

--jibs, jibs, and more jibs

--a couple good pow shots

--national team member Kokubo prodigy does 1080s like they're nothing. (he also had a spot in DTL)

I got stickers! Sorry guys, no free videos this year. FT, you're prolly happy tho, i don't have any videos like "Steezin' for no Reason'" to bring over this year

:p

Will I buy any of these 4 videos? Maybe MORE. but that's it

nice reviews DIzzy. I'LL add my 2cents:

we had a screening of the j-video : Highlight film by 011 artistic. jibs, jibs and jibs, all of the garden variety. Nothing mind-blowing or worth a rewind. oh, and loads of ground tricks too. editing looked like it was done on windows moviemaker.

A good try by a domestic group but it shouldn't be asking for over 3000 yen.

I want to see the movie SHIN ETSU and also car danchi 2

just saw another j-vid.

Chaos 8

pros:......

cons:long interviews with the riders at the start of every part ie what's your favourite food?

-no amazing tricks. who wants to see a frontside boardslide on a 30cm high ski resort rail?????

pretty boring video actually. When it finished I wanted that wasted half hour of my life back again. I will not be watching it again.

that sucks, kuma. i feel the same way about wasted time after reading a really bad book, like Irvine Welsh's Filth.

confused.gif maybe we should take CB's reccomendations and watch a Landmade Video. i wanna see them!

• 3 weeks later...

looks sweet, the website.

yeah, i wonder what kind of video anyone can come up with within the parameters and time constraint sasaki, yoshi et al had in courchevel. what a sick area to be in thumbsup.gif

if you're gonna be at the lodge this season, would you mind bringing up some j-vidoes you have? i'd love to check them out sometime