Make sure you keep posting man. I always feel used when full on sociable members stop posting the moment they leave Japan, and there have been a few, they musn't need us anymore \:\(

Lots of mountain pictures would be good. Most of us could do with an education about what is on offer in that part of Canada. Summer pics are just as good as winter ones.

And pictures of bears and meese (mooses). A few of them would be appreciated.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers Tock.

I've enjoyed reading your stuff and looking at your pictures. Thanks. My efforts to reform your speling and pronounciation were not so rewarding, but we'll let that go as those things won't matter where you're going.

Good luck back in Canadia, and don't fall down any holes (although you may feel passionate as you plummet if you do).

And I'm back in Canada. Sitting on my parents computer where I'll be for the next 3 weeks

The flight north from SanFran to Van was amazing. Clear weather and with my window deat I was able to pick out almost all the cascade volcanoes as we flew almost right over them. Very nice.

Been back 2 days and done 2 hikes so far. Well this one was a scramble actually. In a popular BC skiing area. Gets just a bit of snow.

toque_340.jpg

2100meter Needle Peak behind. Fun and got to use my hands more than a couple times getting up there. Nice to not see things like chains, pegs and bars on the rocks so that it's easier to get up.

toque_343.jpg

View from the summit. Highway 5 below is a bypass highway to avoid the old slow sections of the Trans Canada Highway

toque_342.jpg

So many things to see and c;imb this is just a little area of the Coquihalla range

toque_339.jpg

No beavers for you guys but did run into this little furry creature. Not sure if it's a Grizzly. Brown for sure which is obvious.

toque_338.jpg

After sweating up 1000meters vertical in and hour and a half I deserved this treat back at the truck. My first hotdog in 3 years

toque_341.jpg

I knew it wasn't a kamoshika. It was my odd way of saying jesus christ, that's a frigging bear. I was scared just looking at the picture.

how do you pronounce this?

Coquihalla