• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK. I've managed to navigate my way in and change the language settings, no problem. What I really need is the full manual in English. Anyone know of a site where I can get a pdf of the Nikon manual?

Google isn't taking me to Nikon (yet).

yeah that is a bit ketchi. Did you ask at the store, or just rang direct and that's what they told you? I got mine for free when I bought the camera. Took a week or two to get it.

Soubs don't bother with the manual. It's a complete waste!

you're better off getting the thom hogan ebook & printing it out. He goes through all of the functions and tells you when you need to use it and how you should use it. The manual tells gives a cryptic explanation for the functions but nothing on when to use and how to get the best results.

but anyways, for easy great results just chuck it on 'p' and shoot away

Unless you want to bother with it of course.

I started printing out some ebook and decided that it was not only a waste of a lot of paper and ink but it was pretty much all the same. I will enjoy having the official manual and will back that up with some online reading when I'm sat at my pc.

I also got the "Magic Lantern" guide for the D200 which seems ok. Not really spent much time on it yet.

Do any of you guys have one of those dry cabinet things? I was reading the cost in electricity is 1 yen a day. I suppose though that you'd only really need it on during rainy season / summer / mid-winter... or maybe not? All year?

Must have missed that. All I remember (and saw just before) was talk of one of you having boxes and a cabinet costing a few man. No real talk about them.

It's open to other people as well ;\)

yeah, that's all it was basically. It's just a box to keep the humidity down to prevent mold from growing in your lenses/camera and it helps with dust too.

One's plastic with silica gel packs that you replace and the other is a cabinet that runs on electricity. One's 2000-something yen and the other goes from 2man and up.