Got my nice new shiny gold boxes this morning and just unpacked it all. Feels really nice. Love opening new things like this and slowly looking it all over \:\)

See you later! wave.gif

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

don't see hoya that much in japan (or in my neck of the woods anyways).

kenko or marumi are widespread. doesn't matter which one you pick. btw I would never shoot or even take the lens out without a filter. Smack one on before you play with the camera!

To have fun and take different kinds of shots.

That's what it's all about for me.

Do you like it and what do you use it for? I remember seeing that shot you did on here. Fun!

i use it for snowboarding/skiing shots. and also for 1 or 2 snaps of the bride & groom at weddings.You have to get very close to your subject. I will use it for skateboarding eventually.

Yes, it's fun but the fish doesn't come out of my bag that often. You don't use it as a walk around lens. You have to use it sparingly or people will get sick of your photos.

I guess if you have the 7 or 8 man to drop on it then go for it.

the fisheye, is something I have been contemplating for quite some time now, but unless you have specific situations that you want to keep using it in, then you may find that it rarely makes it out after the first few times. I think you said something similar a while back right kuma? A friend of mine here at work said the same thing. And they are not cheap, so you may wnat to put that purchase off until you are really sure.

Originally Posted By: miller
Will do. Oh dear, the budget required is increasing. But I'm going to get kitted out and get it over with \:D

I would recommend getting kitted out over time. You've got a great start. So start shooting and then buy stuff as you need it. ie you find that your indoor shots aren't being lit properly so go out and buy a flash. It's better than buying everything all at once and finding you don't use some of it. (unless you get a discount for buying lots)......plus it's more fun to have a new toy every couple of months \:D

You're right. Maybe I will get the Fisheye later but I do like the look of it. Problem is I probably won't be "really sure" until I've got it and in the meantime always be thinking I really want that \:\)

But I do need the UV filter, bag and other smaller things to get me going. They will in the next few days probably.

yeah bp, there's no denying the wow factor of succesful shots and the wow factor of telling people 'yeah, it IS a fisheye' (I feel pro lol.gif ). but for the price, unless you've got a use for it, it's a waste. If I didn't shoot snowboarding I wouldn't have it. I don't think I've used it apart for the 1 or 2 couple shots at weddings (friends' weddings - def not professional). plus at weddings it's a pain to carry it around all day just for one shot

definitely a clear filetr that NEVER comes off the front of your lense. And if you want a UV filter for shooting under certain conditions, such as taking the glare off water, then also a UV (but that one is optional)

I use the UV filter as the protector filter. Too many filters on your lens will reduce the light. Besides, why add more elements?

Any piece of glass placed between the lens and the source will cut down the UV to a little degree.

a uv filter is different to a polarizer. the uv filter filters out uv (duh!) and that's all, so it doesn't change anything indoors.

Miller, get either a protective clear filter or a uv filter. nothing will really change much. uv filter obviously is slightly better outdoors