• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Kagura open today? I am thinking of driving for 4 hours to go there on Sunday becuase I just cannot wait to get out skiing. On the SJ site it says closed. Also, forecast is for warmer weather so the second question is whether it is worth it?

I am literally dying to go, my Japanese teacher says my face "lights up like a child" when I talk about the snow season! Therefore I would like decent conditions if I drive 4 hours. \:\)

• SnowJapan Admin

OK. Sorry about that - that particular data is unfortunately beyond our control (see the info about daily reports linked to on that page) and there is sometimes a bit of a short time lag in info being updated - we ultimately rely on resorts - and also the web monkeys who do those updates may have been taking an early onsen.

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/daily/webcam/nagano/snow-monkeys.html

;\)

Ok thanks for the info! This site is great! One of the major reasons I came back to Japan was the ability to ski! The reason I know about resorts in Japan is cos of snowjapan - so thanks!! \:\)

Going to Kagura Sunday! Really looking forward to it. Getting my first set of skis ever tomorrow! Equally as exciting! \:D \:D

If someone told me last night that I would be riding balls deep powder in mitsumata today I would probably reply “ yeah, in my dreams”. Occasionally though dreams come true!!!

Mitsumata area didn’t open last year before the second weekend of December, and even when it opened it was not completely covered, with rocks and sasa outcropping on the slop. Today it was completely covered, with more than 50 cm fresh powder on top!

Above the mitsumata park, some of the lines done by me. smile.gif tsondaboy_101.JPG

I was slashing this slope all morning, when I came back in the afternoon, they had roped it out! grin.gif tsondaboy_102.JPG

lines to get on the Mitsumata #1 high speed lift. Fortunately they had a 1 person line to the right, so I was jumping in front of the line all the time. tsondaboy_103.JPG

Kagura main gelende, was operating with artificial snow in last years opening. Notice the amount of snow that has accumulated over night on the platform! \:o tsondaboy_105.JPG

photo of kagura taken from the mitsumata #3 romance lift tsondaboy_106.JPG

kagura parking lot on the way down, completely full. Anyone driving up there this weekend make sure you are there before 8! tsondaboy_108.JPG