• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was up there on sunday.It was splendid. balls deep powder, and not that busy on the top runs. My mate and I rode the same two runs all day, powder slashes and natural mini kicker lines all day long. sweet. my legs are refusing to co-operate today....

• 11 months later...

I was very confused by this at first.... can I just point out that the first 4 posts were from LAST SEASON. This season is quite different until now only a very small run open and hardly any snow (see the now reports).

It was raining until about an hour ago but it is now snowing here (just to the north of Yuzawa) and so there will be more snow up there by tomorrow morning hopefully.

Hopefully by next weekend it will be at least a decent part open. Even though it is snowing now, I'm not at all interested in going tomorrow. Will wait until there's some decent stuff up there.

Yeah thats weird man! I was umpiring a cricket game all day today so I did not start this thread but I think Kagura is one of the best places to board in Japan. Kagura couldn't have been that good today.

hmmm... will it be rain this Saturday?...

Anyway, JR daytrip ticket is super cheap, 8100yen with return Shinkansen ticket and one day Kagura lift ticket.

See you there on Saturday, tsondaboy. I'll look around finding you.

when you see three girls, two skiers and one boarder, that's us and please say hi. \:\)

I just got sent some international advertising about package tours and back country tours around Kagura. There is even a helicopter package for a flight to the top of Kagura (don't know which peak) and a ride back into the resort. Limited to a max of 150 punters per day. It seems like the Big K has hit the big time.

I wonder when the first "Too Many Foreigners in Kagura" thread will start.

• 3 months later...

Here are some pics of Kagura yesterday.

It's my first time top lift. \:\)

slow_37.jpg

slow_41.jpg

This is where people start hiking, looks like a fun hike!

slow_38.jpg

I can ski in the trees only if it's flat. :-)

slow_39.jpg

It was funny, I just kept asking Tsonda, "Can I ski here?" and he always said "No!!"

It was fun skiing, thanks Tsonda and SnowJapan. \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by slow:
It was funny, I just kept asking Tsonda, "Can I ski here?" and he always said "No!!"
Nasty tsonda! :p
It was fun last Sat, start getting some gear and I will show you arround to some better spots.

Ahhhhh, I wish I could go up tomorow. \:o
Have to wait again till Sat.

Nice photos Slow. I got ripped off when I went to Kagura the other day. It was snowing like mad but ALL of the top lifts were closed. Your pics may me think I have to go back on a better day.

Yes got to time it good with Kagura otherwise you might be stuck at just Mitsumata all day. I bet it will be good up there when the current winds die down a bit.