• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yellow, I'm rolling with Tsonda tomorrow, so no shink for me afterall. We are debating whether to hit Nozawa vs. Kagura. I think Tsonda wants to hook up with Muikabochi and the crew - i'm on the fence.

We probably won't decide till tomorrow morning. PM me your mobile phone e-mail and i'll send you a text to let you know if we're hitting Kagura or not.

-SJA

YellowSnow/Stuntcok

Sorry guys, Tsonda and I ended up hitting Nozawa since I had a free pass (thanks SnowJapan!) and Tsonda hadn't hit Noz this season yet.

Conditions were less than stellar, they need more snow, especially at the bottom. The mountain was really slushy but was open top to bottom. Tsonda and I did a couple of tree runs before deciding to hit a couple of kickers. The Onsen was the best!

How was Kagura? Did you guys end up meeting up?

No worries, there were very few foreigners there yesterday. I saw two at the curry place but they didnt know snowjapan :p

Kagura was pretty hard packed. I was initialy dissapointed but thankfully the top lift was open and I walked to the top 3 times, even the very top of the mountain there was about 20cm of top crust, but was quite fun.

If things get worse that was my last trip of the season. Seems nozawa was about the same.

I might still go to hakkoda, but I want to see a little more snow fall. I found out I can't board for shit on ice.

The top lifts at kagura were operating? confused.gif

The kagura home page said only a few lifts were operating on Sat due to strong winds.

Usually the top is the first to close under these conditions. Wasnt it might windy up there?

There was a distinct lack of snow in Nozawa, but I still prefer the slushy snow than ice.

Definitely the onsen was the best thing we did that day. \:\)

Most probably me and SJB will be going to kagura the weekend after this one.

Lets renew the meeting for that weekend.

Tsonda,

Thanks for the ride...you'll have to hook me up with that chillout CD we were listening to. Let's hope that winter makes one last comeback in the next week or 2. I think the cherry blossoms are going to pop this week...

tsondaboy there were a few lifts down, but it was only really the dragondora and 2 connecting lifts.

Yep the top was open. It was so easy to walk to the other peaks from there, I wish it was open all season. Oh and I did it without snowshoes.

I was up early and hiking the kagura BC with a friend (it would not have been that easy without skins/snowshoes btw, it was drier up high). I thought that everyone had given up on Kagura and went to Nozawa so I didn't bother trying to meet up. On another note, I decided to give up on Sunday, due to the heavy rain but when driving back in the morning, I noticed it wasn't raining in Minikami/Tenjindaira so I made a detour and got a good day of slush skiing there. Even hit the kickers and rails for the first time since I busted myself up...

Maybe we could of even passed each other. But I didn't see foreigners up there.

Which side did you come down Tashi or 'I always forget the name of the other peak' to the right as you are looking up towards Kagura.

Don't know yet. I may go to asahidake for one last powder trip, but if the cover is ok and tjhe forecast not for a downpour on Honshu, I may go to Echigo Yuzawa or Hakuba. If I go to Yuzawa, I may actually head up to Okutadami and hit their park. You are welcome to join me, I have a flat in Kandatsu to crash at and a car to drive to wherever.

I also have a car, usually sleep in it too. \:D

You are also welcome to crash at my car, if you have a fight with the lady and get kicked out of the house. :p

If you end up in Yuzawa this weekend then PM me, I will probably drive up there on Friday night.