i have a black helmet with a yellow beware-of-the-bear sticker on it, black jacket, and no brakes

going up by myself i'm addicted to riding

according to the latest report, Skyline and Kita-One lifts should be opening up soon!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Toque, I live 5 mins from the Tateyama interchange. nice place to live but the snow we get here is too wet. There's also retarded management at the local mountain, gokurakuzaka (fun trees though).

and since we're describing how we look, I'm a big gaijin with a camo/plaid (it's plamo!) down jacket and a big ass Doraemon sticker on my snowboard.

I'd love to meet up with u guys to see if I can keep up. If I can't, did I mention I'm a filmer/editor? he he he

Quote:
Originally posted by Kumapix:
Toque, I live 5 mins from the Tateyama interchange. nice place to live but the snow we get here is too wet. There's also retarded management at the local mountain, gokurakuzaka (fun trees though).
FT and I always look up at those hills on the way to Tateyama station. They are pretty steep and the trees look alright. Considering how much snow Murodo gets those hills must get puked on during Jan, Feb and March

The trees are really good but I've only gone in them from the resort. All my buddies in the area are small-time freestylers. They all line up to do 180's off moguls while I go by myself in the trees. sigh....

From the Hakuba now! report:

"It will continue to snow pre this event and should leave us with at least another 20 cm of fresh for tomorrow morning."

hell yeah!

edit: hmmm. just waxed my board with some wax without a label...hopefully it works well tomorrow. It was purple but I don't know whether it's from japan or canada. knock on wood

was sweet on saturday! consistent and heavy, heavy snowfall all day. white out conditions. great for tourists and weekend warriors \:D , must be real tough for everyone who has to shovel. confused.gif

toque-nice to match a face with a name. didn't see you @ the gondola, oh well. too bad i couldn't ski the trees w/ you guys--but at least skiers have poles to help them out. i got buried 2 or 3 times just on the slope--nose of the board goes in the snow, then in some more, then in some more

WE ARE LUCKY THIS YEAR!! PLENTY OF POWDER IN HAKUBA THIS EARLY! happyglass.gif

The conditions were insane across the whole valley. The crew and 2 snowboarders had saka all to ourselves from 1pm on. Was just stupid how much snow fell. After digging around at mid I fount the base to be well over 2 meters. After diggin today at the kokusai gelende I found 1 meter of compacted snow. The base is down!

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
toque-nice to match a face with a name. didn't see you @ the gondola, oh well. too bad i couldn't ski the trees w/ you guys--but at least skiers have poles to help them out. i got buried 2 or 3 times just on the slope--nose of the board goes in the snow, then in some more, then in some more
Sorry dude
Sent you a PM
We ended up at the bottom as FT said and it was too good down low to go up high into the white-out