• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Whichever hakuba went off. We destroyed Happo on Saturday and then went cliff jumping on Sunday. I got a nice Double drop in but Jer gets biggest air of the weekend.
I totally wussed out on anything over 3 metres this weekend
Just wasn't feeling it

Snow was super stable where we were. Barely even sluffing
Creeks are still open and where they arn't won't hold the weight of a skier

No worries cb3 we at least no where the lines are drop-able now. I didnt want to do what I did last year and blast of my rock band blind and get lucky.

Snow very stable really, we have been getting consitant bondable snowfall. That said when we ventured about we skied save with spotters and safe zones. We also cut anything that might have sluffed or slid.

1. problem is that the cornices are building but not dropping.

2. the top layers on some aspects were showing some light to moderate wind crusts.

3. I would think the big faces of hakuba are sliding daily duw to the heavy snowfall. That means the BC travel should be avoided. The steep slopes above wont take the wieght so the outs will be super dangerous.

4. the first warm sunny spell will likely see a few faces go so be carefull even though the pack is setting up well.

5. This much snow always causes problems sometimes not avie related. Snowboarders be warned its a nipple walk out if you dont have shoes.