Well with the season seemingly about to kick off, I'd be interested to know how much some of you dudes spend over there. So please keep a track on how much you spend on your skiing/boarding.

Let's accounting. It's fun!!

my estimate for the season is

nozawa season ticket 55,000

20 days at places other than nozawa 80,000

petrol 60days@1500= 90,000

food etc 60days@2000 120,000

new ski clothes 20,000

wax, tuning, misc 30,000

40man, geee I hope I spend less than that I never realized

Hell Rocky, Like 60 days in the snow all up 40man.

- that's incredible as in CHEAP!

I've just calculated 2 seperate 3 nights simple ventures to the snow for wife, kid & me will cost 30+ man.

Not that I've got even a spare 20% of that. Lotsa potatoes and noodles this winter

Am I even going to break even this winter..? (I saved none last winter and didn't even go every weekend I could've.) I already wasn't saving much this summer from diving every month, at least skiing's cheaper, but not by much..

I swore this year I would buy nothing. I am getting my 4th season from my 15,000 yen second hand Burton and my 4th season from my Salomon Malamutes. I don't need any more gear, in fact, I am selling a bunch of stuff that I tried and didn't need/like.

But, I gave in and bought:

Two sets of Leki 3 piece hiking poles and two sets of MSR Denali Ascent shoes (they are way better than the European TSL shoes which I have used in the past).

Both items are a bit expensive on a good day, and I had to buy two sets, which really added to the cost. But what kills me most is the rip-off UK prices! A bit angry about that.

In America: MSR Ascent snow shoes are about USD140

In UK, via a local internet store: GBP160

More in GBP than USD? How the !!F!! can that be justified? The UK is a friggin rip-off. In USD terms I just paid double the price they would cost in an American sports store. It is a disgrace.

I wont be buying any more snowboard gear in the UK if I can ever help it. I really miss Tokyo for good range and good value in snowbo kit, the exact opposit to the UK.

I need to buy one more beacon, shovel and probe.