I know it seems redhot in Japan right now, but when is the peak of the heat? Now or still to come? When do those temps start to gradually fall? Bet you all can't wait for that!

I always think September is still really hot sava. It is only when it gets to late in the month that I feel it cools down a bit and really only October when things start getting comfortable again. And of course I suppose it will depend a lot on where you are as well.

Ahhhh... I see, thanks BOC

It's kinda confusion when I use words originally from other languages like that.

Perhaps "pants" could mean troucers as well in English but in Japanese "pants" usually means underwears like boxers and briefs. Seldom mean troucers.

(Troucers=Zubon in J")

BOC, you can never say

"You are smart!"

to chubby Japanese ladies even if you feel one is

because "smart" usually means "slim" in Japanese, never means "wise" lol....

You will be slapped if you say that to any chubby J ladies, be careful! eek.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by giggsy:
Is it the same word or just the pronounciation?
The English word is "smart"
When Japanese say it, it's like "sumaato". And often the "u" of "sUmaato" is not pronounced.

I've got less than a week left before I'm back over there. So...... has it turned yet?

(Say yes, say yes, say yes....)

Yes it has

FT was up at my house on Saturday night and while we were sitting on my patio drinking beer I contemplated changing out of my wife-beater into a t-shirt

And for the record. I'm sitting at my desk at work wearing only a t-shirt and socks. That's right. ONLY a t-shirt and socks