• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
The closet
I don't think so

In the morning we can all say to eachother

"I'm coming out of the closet. Who's comin with me?"
Im already outta the closet so thats nothing new ;\)

Yup, too bad we cant use Fattys but as Toque said, thats a Niseko thang. The boys up at N.P.C. are doing very well for themselves thumbsup.gif

I'm also sure that if you PM the SJ guys about that kinda thing - search engines, etc, they'd give you their current take on the best way to get on search engines since, after all, they design sites for a living... though you might have to ship them a few beers to get them to answer.... ;\)

FT: see my email, but I think hakubafattwins.com or fattwinshakuba.com

some of the others could be good, but i would use your fattwins name because most people will be associating you with it anyhow.

sunrise: the way most search engines rank sites these days is related to the number and quality of links that link to your site as opposed to meta data (which is used for a later step in the ranking process)

FT: It's used by people to describe the content of a site for instance 'Hakuba Accommodation' might be one of the tags. Made a bigger difference a while ago, but these days only play a part in classifying sites that are considered to be 'good' (otherwise people just cheat with the tags and try to maake their site about as much as possible) .

I like the idea of names for the different rooms! the yamakashi room, toque room, etc

ok, I think you have 2 things going on here:

1. name of your business/place

2. promoting your website

for 1, it's a case of descriptive vs distinctive. I think being distinctive winds hands-down. If you take a look here

http://www.snowjapan.com/e/hotel/index.html

there's tons of places with snow, lodge, pension, etc. in their name. Nothing really stands out.

for 2, again I think this is more a function of creating a site with interesting content, registering with lots of search engines, and getting lots of other sites to link to yours. be creative. if you can get mentioned in magazines like Powder, Fall-Line etc by offering free room/board during a photo shoot in Hakuba, that's worth its weight in gold.

anyway, it's your place, go with whatever you feel comfortable calling it for the next xx-years.

I personally like fattwins-hakuba.com the best as the hyphen makes the two words stand out more, and it will be easier to create a graphic design around it.

but I would also register fattwinshakuba.com as well to help catch mistakes when you type the url.

I think in actuality, people will shorten the name in conversation and say "hey, let's go to fattwins this weekend".

it's only like $30/year to register a name. anyway, I would decide on the name you want and then register 2 or 3 names with similar variations on it. for example if you decide on fattwins-hakuba.com, also try registering:

fatwins-hakuba.com

fattwinshakuba.com

fatwin-hakuba.com

montoya: I think that most people will be clicking it so fattwins-hakuba would be fine.

fattwinshakuba also works for people who are told about it and don't like hyphens ;\)

it's also only $10 roughly / year so...

I would agree with Montoyas' suggestions.

You want a good name but you also want to stand out from your competition, there is no point blending in. Also from a graphics point of view fattwins-hakuba has more potential design wise. More identifiable