• Replies 12.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Yeh, I like Fattwins Lodge myself, it's got a nice ring to it, though I don't know what the snowboarders will think. Also, what kind of clientele are you expecting - piste riders as well as fat-ski hunters? You don't want to limit your clientele by the name.

Once you have the name you can figure out what you want to call the domain, probably the same as the name, though as Montoya suggests you might also want to add Hakuba in there. However, as long as the key words are put in for search engines Hakuba doesn't necessarily need to be in the domain name, just in the text. Keeping the domain name simple and short and easy is better than adding too much in there.

Midnight name ideas off the top of my head:

The Powder Lodge

Hakuba Hills

(and Fattwins Lodge)

Freshies

Tracks

First Tracks

Sunrise Lodge (well, it's a nice image for first tracks, nothing to do with my handle name of course \:D )

Maybe I'll have some better ideas in the morning after I get some feedback on whether any of these are anywhere near possibly appropriate.....

Also, what style building is it? Japanese-ish, westernish, part/part? That might affect the name too.

Congrats!

It's 5am and I'm up

eugh

I hate naming things because people like different things, so going to just go on with everything I can think of...

yeah, i was thinking vaguely of fattwins-hakuba.com

fattwins-dojo.com (not very serious)

hut of fattwins

sava's hut (very cool and would attract many guests)

I like: Hakuba Hills

But not so keen on:

Freshies

Tracks

First Tracks

a) are also names of places in niseko

B) I think snow related aren't necessarily bad but more general words like snow, powder etc are better ;\)

btw

if you have a bar, you have to name it 'the fall line'

Unfortunately, hakuba doesn't rhyme with anything in English that I can think of \:\/

for fattwins:

fattwins and sherpa skins

fattwins house of skiing sins

fattwins doesn't like violins

fattwins house of skiing grins

For Hakuba names I also quite like ('Hakuba Sava' doesn't have the ring to it unfortunately \:\( ):

'Hakuba Horizons'

'Hakuba Sunrise' (based on sunrise's name :p )

Pros:

*It sounds cool

*It *does* have the association with first tracks *without using terms specifically

*Everybody likes sunrises (except maybe shift workers)

*It has hakuba in it

Cons: It makes me think you're going to wake me up early and I'll be tired all day (maybe it's because i got up early this morning).