• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Fattwins

• mattlucas

• Yuki's Passion

• bushpig

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
You are still going home for sure in a year then?
Man if it wasn't for the kick ass 8-9 months I'm hoping to ski starting mid november I would be on a plane so quick for home

Those are good if you are making your own bibs.

They are light at almost 500 grams, cheap and 3 ply XCR gortex

Seems like they come built with suspender loops as well

I think the main thing with pants is the side zippers and the instep protection

-Those pants have 3/4 length zippers. You could probably get them on and off without to much trouble.

-They have the same instep protection as the other pants if not better because they are for climbing

I have an old but good quality GoreTex shell (Canadian, Mountain Equipment), but it ain't waterproof no more. I tried washing it and ironing it dry, but natch. Can Gore Tex be revived, or do I need to spray?

I think the most important thing is getting it really clean in a washer and then using an electric front loading dryer to bring back to the waterproofness. After that iron it if you can.

The most important part of owning gortex is keeping it clean. Once the pores get filled with gunk they stop working

I read it. I didn't realise it's safe to iron gortex (assuming you're careful, I guess), or that blow drying it brings back the water proofness.... How does it do that?

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
I might pick up a cheap plastic rain jacket for Tateyama next year. Just for standing around in or fixing walls. Maybe even some cheap plastic pants if I can.
Toque, wot about a huge garbage bag to throw over you? You can pull it over your head and poke it out along with your arms. That would keept the rain off of you without as much added weight as another jacket, maybe.