spending of money that is....

I have made my first purchase for the 2002/03 ski season! \:D

I am the proud owner of a new pair of Atomic 10.20 Beta Rides!

I think I can put off eating cup-ramen every day at least until nov...I hope...

danz

I'm with you Danz.. On Friday I picked up the gear that I have been stashing at ICI Sports in Sapporo for the last month and a half...

MAJOR bleeding from my wallet...

But I also decided on Atomic.. Beta Race 9.16 170cm w/ Race 412 bindings (last years skis btw)

Plus I purchased Technica Icon Boots with Hot Form 3 liners... SWEEEEEEEET fit when coupled with Conformable beds... Then add to that new Phenix suit, gogs, poles, gloves etc.,

Probably the nicest gear I've ever purchased - mainly because I did it all at once... The first time I've ever bought so much at once... Past years have always been a 1 major purchase per year kinda cycle so I never really ever had ALL new stuff at one time..

So Danz, perhaps we can form a skier's co-op and buy our cup-o-noodle in bulk...

Yep, I hear ya.

Just good a huge deal on a 2001 burton splitboard. Great buy but the hole in my wallet is still smoking.

Honest I didnt mean to buy it but they really tempt you with the discounts before the snow strarts falling.

Cant wait to try it out.

I'm all for cup-noodle in bulk...

yeah, I got last years model too...and when they showed up at my door they were, to my suprise, premounted with the 412 bindings as well...and didn't remember buying them...I thought I was getting a really good price for just the skiis...

no complaints here though... \:D

danz

I am psyched to try 'em out...

can't really help you with powder skiis...I've only demoed mid-fats...

Rossi Bandit XX are sweeeet, so I imagine the XXX is good as well

and so are K2 mod-x pro...

danz

I have 3-pair...

Atomic 10.20 Beta Ride

Atomic 10.26 (the ultimate gs machine)

Rossi 9sPro

I rarely use the 10.26 anymore...and will probably sell them...

the Rossi's are already at least 4yrs old...and are now my rock skiis...

danz

Danz,

Have you ever demoed the K2 AK enemys? Would still like to have a twintip for all mountain... Havent heard too many positives about pocket rockets - seems theyre really soft??

Rossi XXs would be sweet. Id get em if I could get last years model on clearance!!!

decided against the freeride xxx rossi boots....friend of mine is introducing me to a distributor who hand crafts inners for pro riders...costs about 2 man on top of the boots...possibly going for banshees...

Higuma...where did you get your gear in Sapporo?

Dealt with ICI Sports in Tanuki Koji 4 chome... Suzuki-san knows his stuff and gave me some good discount.... Takahashi-san (mountaineering/telemark guy) is on the 4th floor this time of year and speaks very good english... certainly saved me from having to involve my wife too much...

You might try dropping my name - might get you a discount, who knows - I'm sure I'm one of the few guys that dropped 20 man in there this season... eek.gif

BTW Talisker.. did you get my private msg yesterday.. Andrew says some mail etc.., didn't get through... if not let me know...

Cheers,

I'll be sticking with the same old gear this year apart from a new beanie to replace my 70's number and some new goggles. They were the cheapest ones 4 years ago and they certainly look the part-never fog unless I do a faceplant though.

I think the best powder ski/all mountain ski out there is last two year model of the Atomic 10.ex. I skied these a few times and they rocked. People just rave about these skis. This year they are called the Rex - same ski though. I was looking at the Big Daddy and Sugar Daddy on Ebay and I'm a little nervous that they are just going to be all pow and nothing else. People say the 10.ex is a great all mountain ski - the best out there for that matter. Got to agree with them.

Looking to get a new set of tele's that hold an edge on ice, while good in the powder, how do the TM ex perform on the hard pack, any idea how they compare to the TM 18?

Oh and is $549 US a good price?

• 2 weeks later...