Snowboarding in Japan - TODAY - evidence inside...

Thanks for klubhead for sending in these photos today...

He went to Yeti ski area near Mt Fuji today and reports that it was suprisingly good

1km course, a little narrow but the snow was spring-like, not a bad 1st day of the season!!!

yeti1.JPG

yeti2.JPG

yeti3.JPG

yeti4.JPG

Thanks klubhead!

C'mon nulla... you gotta think that that is the FIRST day of the season mate. I think you would know that the season here can start with way crapper now than that. OK, its not epic powder conditions but the sun is out and you have just dusted off your board that has been stuck at the back of your cupboard all the sticky, hot japanese summer and finally some snow... you wax your board and get your feet back! Sounds like fun to me!!!

a darn good start if you ask me \:\)

it is not even november! This means it is cold enough to keep the snow...and its staying cold...what else do you want before nov.????

Get those snow guns a blowin!

danz

Is that Deebee 2nd from right in the top picture? \:\)

Some of those people got all bundled up for that?! I gotta say though, riding of any kind in October is pretty much unheard of around here.

Went up to Vancouver, B.C. yesterday. Beautiful view of Mt Baker covered in new snow. All the bars in Vancouver were full of Aussies and Kiwis getting here for the winter. I actually felt a little more camaraderie with them after the Southern-Hemi friends I have made on this forum.