SnowJapan Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tubby Beaver

2014- the year of jogging

Just came back from a 40k all mountain bike ride.

I really enjoyed it.

Went from Kobuchisawa to Haramura in Nagano still quite a short distance and I felt I could have done more quite easily but chose to be sensible and build up my distamce bit by bit.

Averaged 20k/h.

Next time maybe I will go to Suwa and back.

Yes it is and it is certainly going to keep me fit with nothing but mountains to cycle up and down which of course I enjoy.

Omce I get into autumn then I will have a lot more time to cycle a lot more while enjoying the autumn colours too.

What sort of slope is "doable" on a bike realistically? Going up, not down, of course. ;)

Went on an 80km ride yesterday, was great. A good long soak in the bath with a beer at the end of the day. Great stuff.

:)

The doable slope amount will be depending on rider abiliry/fitness as much as anything.

Of course a good bike will make it easier.

So far I have been on fairly steep but certainly not real steep and I was able to cycle up it no problem and did not need to go down into the crawler gear.

what seems like a gentle slope can get pretty difficult if it goes on. Good exercise though and the bombing down on the other side is always a good reward.

Few more rides for me before I am out of here for the summer.

Feel good but don't seem to have visibily slimmed down that much. :(

I took my bike for a short spin yesterday and last sunday.

Cant wait until autumn when I will be able to go out a lot

Just come back from a nice little bike ride.

All up hill on the way out so all downhill on the way back. Very nice.

Went jogging for the first time in ages yesterday.....quite an easy run tbh and didn't think Id done anything strenuous but my legs have been killing me all day today

:lol:

I think more than a few of us go a bit crazy with the eating when going back to home countries.

I know I do, especially the first week or so.

Luckily I slow down a bit after that.

Hell yeah. I eat everything in sight.

All things that I cant get in Japan.

I also stock up on things to bring back too.

Man, I need to go jogging or otherwise get some excercise but way too hot down here at the mo :veryangry:

Yep me too.

First get back it's like a deranged binge - mostly on stuff that ain't too good for you...... the salads and fruit get left out!!

Sign in to follow this  

sjf2019l.png

About SnowJapan

SnowJapan.com is the independent guide to skiing and snowboarding in Japan and has been online since 1999.

SnowJapan.com covers the whole of Japan. We are here to introduce the world to unbiased, honest and detailed information about winter sports in Japan. We publish exclusive and in-depth and daily content throughout the winter season and we add new functionality and content to the site every year.

We are not here to promote any specific destinations or resorts, or to sell our readers any kind of products or services. We are not a travel agency and we do not own any ski resorts, ski schools, accommodations or other related businesses.

Latest Community Content