Just got back from an 80k cycle ride to Suwako, was very nice indeed.

Took me 4hrs 15mins with a 19.1k/h average speed on all mountain roads except for the little bit of flat around Chino/Suwa.

Didnt feel out of breath in the slightest and could have easily gone further, lungs wise, legs not so sure, had some points where I got a bit of leg burn, but I just kind of cycled through that then was ok.

Nothing as much as I was expecting though.

I need a few more runs though to get my legs more used to the hills.

I thought I did well, probably that was a rubbish effort compared to some of you hardcore cyclist, but I was happy with it.

Next goal maybe Matsumoto and back in a day, once I have done a few more shorter trips.

Anyway the weather was great and the cycling was fun.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If you want to get in shape, the animals you eat must also be healthy. For instance, if you want a hamburger, select a promising cow 10 weeks ahead of time and hire a personal trainer to develop a bov

Out of the person riding at that silly time and Tubby, Tubby seems the far more sensible!

Well had an interesting time at one of the bike shops today. I test rode the bike I am interested in borh the 500 and the 555 frame size and found the 500 to be a better riding position for me. I al

19.1km/h wouldn't get you any bragging rights in Brissie Dude but at least you're out there on the bike. :lol:

Unfortunately I think more and more people are on to us cyclists: eating and drinking is the hobby and cycling is the lifestyle that supports that hobby !!

Haha, no im sure it wouldn't, but I enjoyed my ride and will try to improve on my times and average bit by bit.

Hopefully eventually get up to 25k/h average for mountain roads and 30 plus for flat terrain, even if I dont get there I can have lots of fun trying.

How are cyclists treated by motor vehicle drivers in Japan?

My guess is that they would be very courteous.....

The culture is very slowly changing here in Queensland but there are still enough truck and ute driving rednecks around to put your life in danger. There are plenty of forums warning of particularly bad roads etc. and the sheer increase in volume of cyclists and political pressure for legislative support are having a positive effect.

As much as possible I try to use the small roads rather than for example route 20, not always possible of course.

In general I find car drivers do give me a large birth when they overtake me and even sit behind waiting for the on coming cars to clear before coming past.

Truck drivers tend not to give much space though.

Compared to the UK car drivers have a lot more respect for cyclist here I find.

Of course their are always a few arse holes, which you will get anywhere.

But then I dont commute busy routes everyday, I am just a pleasure cyclist so I can choose my routes, everyday commuting is probably quite different.