In Tokyo it's SUNNY!! ..And? COOOOLLLD!! And what day is it? FRIIDAYYYY!!

...sorry, got my kindergarten hat on today.

I really wish I didn't have to work tomorrow. Ah well.

If this snow stays around until, ohhh let's say March 30, I will be very very happy. And poor.

I did a comparison of temperature from March 2013 to 2014 and a little beyond and this years March is looking considerably colder than last years March. So the lower temperatures is going to help that snow depth stick around a little while longer whch also means more late season snow fun

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

I am properly loving the forecast for this weekend.

I may even buy it dinner.

15.gif

:lol: That's gold. I've done similar myself a few times (too heavy on the front foot).

Enjoy the fresh snow. Very jealous.

Did this about half an hour ago, through the tops of some trees.....it could've been proper nasty if it weren't the flexible top branches

How did you manage to land on top of a tree?

Mine are normally a result of nose diving into the deeper snow.... which makes for a nice and soft landing. Worst part is normally trying to stand up again.

Ah..... fond memories. I miss snow - especially as it's 38deg here today.

I was charging through the tops poking out when I nosedived just before some, flipping myself back first through the branches......in my minds eye I saw how bad that would've went had it been a sturdier tree

Saw a Japanese dude boarder hit a tree last time up at Suginohara. Man...he nailed that tree hard. I was sure he broke something and he didn't get up for a while but said he was OK and I skied away....I took a look back up the hill from the bottom and he was still laying there. He was gone by the time I looped around so I guess he was ok after all. You borders sure take some good hits...

I landed on my back as well after calling last run, been hitting this natural kicker all day, lines it up and let the board really run....board right out from under me and crashed almost on my neck.....another sesh of seeing that go bad in my minds eye....thankfully snow was soft and deep so there were no sticks or rocks poking thru

Brass monkeys out here now feels like deep mid winter has done all day. Its puking around all the mountains and the sky is black as coal looks like it will snow here any minute.

Just looking round the back of my place. Looks like there's at least 60cm of fresh snow there that has arrived over the last few days. Wonderful news, it will have really put life back into the skijo.

:)

I haven't been in the last few days but I imagine it can't be anything other than pretty great with all that new snow! ;)

Question is if you feel up to the mighty Mt Granview?

Well the weekday closures aren't helping but I'm currently looking at possibly getting up there tomorrow afternoon, then staying 2 nights for 2 days of riding at Maiko and Kagura/Naeba!! Possibly! ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think someone said the big G was now only open at weekends?? That being the case (and excluding hiking options, as it's way too high for that!), it looks like tomorrow or next season!! :confused:

Great conditions again at Teine. Had a bit of a hairy experience when a cornice gave way under me as I was dropping the lip.....another minds eye destruction at how it could've went. We weren't the only people to do that at the same bit. Mate ripped his binding clean off his board dropping the same ridge on the 2nd cycle thru

I got myself over tovSun meadows in the end after a late start and glad I did they have had about 1 metre of snow fall this week it is deep.

Snow walls back up to sbout 2 metres looks more like what it did back in mid feb.

We certainly having a good seados this year.

So deep some places when I am on the lift my skis are only about a metre ftom the snow first time to be so much snow here in all the years I have been coming here. At this rate here can be open until golden week.

A lot of people again this weekend.

Anyway going back out for a few more turns.

Rusutsu was amazing today!!!

Had to wait a little while for the lifts to start up.....but once they did!!!

Knee ~ waist deep in spots. Bad wind on Isola and some real hard packed snow but the Heavenly and Steamboat areas were insane!! Best runs of my season so far!

Still snowing now as we're leaving.....tomorrow will be another unbelievable day!!!

• Like 1