• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

Guess in which skiijo 5 people have got into trouble, with one 70-year old dying?

Seems pretty heavy, might pull out the old plank (ooer) for some snow Sunday- can't tomorrow as I'm in a kicking and punching competition :(

Right, and the crash was caused by the snow (most likely).

Was only going by the jartic website and they don't give reasons for the closure. I'm surprised that both inbound and outbound lanes are closed from a crash.

Well you must be right then, well done!

No doubt all the people going into the IC entry road and coming out of the IC road are just doing it for the shits and giggles. I know I would if I were there.

Kanetsu is open north of Shiozawa Ishiuchi.

Shiozawa Ishiuchi to Yuzawa, about 5km, is closed due to a crash.

Yuzawa going south into Gunma is open.

To Yuzawa from south is currently closed but I don't know why.

It has been snowing, but not that crazy!

Well you must be right then, well done!

No doubt all the people going into the IC entry road and coming out of the IC road are just doing it for the shits and giggles. I know I would if I were there.

Sorry for trying to pass along useful information about road closures. No doubt myself, the tv news reports and the jartic highway real-time information service are just making stuff up for shits and giggles.

Yuzawa IC is open, as I said above.

The real-time service says this, the local news says this, the signs on Route 17 say this, my friend says this who used it just before, the webcam shows this.

The roads in the region are not totally overwhelmed by snow, there is no mad panic.

Right, but the highways that I said were closed are closed (and have been since earlier today). I was never trying to say otherwise and never mentioned anything about Yuzawa IC being closed. No panic here and nothing I said should have indicated that. I find it lame that someone tries to make me feel like a jerk for being helpful.

What exactly does 通行止 mean then? For the record, I don't recall ever saying anything about ICs being closed. The highways most certainly are though, which you even indicated in your post.

You very surely know what it means....it means closed/can't pass through.

Which for the bits shown....is what I said.

But as this is all very uninteresting, let me just tell everyone that while it has snowed a decent amount, we're all alive and coping famously, the roads are all now open, and we will definitely live to see another day. Hurray!!