Night buses are awful for sleeping but that first ride is usually enough to get the adrenaline to wipe away the sleepiness. You get there for first lifts and sometimes for sunrise!! You tend to wait around every 2nd or 3rd road stop for an hour or so on the way up there, then depending where u go, u have to sit on the bus in the car park till the resort actually opens.

Day bus......waste of time IMO, u get there about 10.30-11am and then leave about 3.30-4..... Waste of time.

Best option is deffo the shink, fast, comfortable and not much more expensive than the night buses

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tell them you've registered rainjapan.com and are moving the site over. Your logo can be a telephone box in the middle of a huge puddle.

Deeeeep day at Sapporo Kokosai. Easily mid thigh in places. Deepest day of the trip for sure.

Heading back up the hill today......beautiful bluebird today, no new snow but there'll be plenty left from yesterday in the trees   Got a mate in tow as his flight was cancelled yesterday and he ha

After that snow we had we now have a sharp frost and as they bulldozed all the roads, which has left them wet they are all now like an ice rink everywhere with the new snow frozen onto the old snow, should make for some interesting driving tomorrow morning! I think in some ways leaving some snow on the roads is less slippery than scraping it all off and leaving the roads wet so they become icy.

Peetan, Mick and Tully,

Thanks for the info. I will look into that overnight train to Aizu Takatsue/Takahata. That is an interesting option that I didn't know about.

I will miss being nearish to the small but almost never crowded resorts up here though.

For what it is worth, brutal, stoke dissolving rain outside right now.

Maybe 3cm here over night but I'm not sure if it was falling or more blowing out of the mountains. Snow is now definitely blowing out of the mountains. It is also pretty dry. Looks like the kind of day that delivers the goods :)

Teine Highland is on wind hold.....only the paradise lift running and after 1 run that's enough of that :( I could scoot down to Olympia for a few mellow turns but after about 30 mins I'd be bored with that....currently having a coffee and hoping the winds die down :(

Just did a few short hike laps of paradise and the lookers left slope......fresh tracks of course but heavy, wind packed snow.....not really encouraging me to further exert myself

No thanks!!!

Take the bagpipes as well, be the Lone Piper up at the top there. And of course eat some haggis once finished. And a deep fried Mars bar.

Can we please have some piccies to go with those stereotypes!?

& any thoughts on my Myoko news???

After yesterdays nice new snow it has been sunny here but nice and cold lovely weather to be out skiing although I am working got to much to do and tomorrow so will be the weekend before I get out.

Skiing Saturday and competing in a ski race Sunday.