Noisy bright flashing pachinko

Arenthere any of the old style noisy flashing lights pachinko parlours where you are (those in Japan of course).

It seems almost without me noticing, and only on my dad asking are they still around, that there aren't any left in my area. The pachinko places are a much less gaudy now.

There are no noisy and flashing ones in Yuzawa, Shiozawa or Muikamachi.

A few large ones have opened in the last few years near Muikamachi IC on Route 17, but they are much more subdued.

Can't place any in Yuzawa now.

Here in Sanjo area as well the loud flashing places are gone. The few that remain are large places and much more tasteful, for want of a better word.

I don't know if it's been some change in regulations or just a trend. Good one though, those old fashioned places were just awful.

Yes, it seems like the ones with five hundred multicoloured light bulbs on the front are a thing of the past. A big car park seems to be the most important thing now.

I've seen several new ones not so far from here so there's still plenty of money in it.

• 2 weeks later...

There's still the 'remains' of a few of the noisy kind around where I live.

They do look very out of place.

Always wondered what the laws are regarding buildings that are finished and falling into disrepair.

Actually sounds like a thread.

Nah...seemed like everyone in there was on a slow morphine drip...weirded me out.

I also tried it once about 20 years ago, lost a few hundred yen, and didn't see the point. Saw others sitting on their seats like zombies, cigarettes in hand, with gum wrappers wedged in the auto-fire knob to hold it at whatever magic setting they thought was generating wins for them.