Not our first.....just first since Thursday :p

To say only foreigners go under the ropes/off piste is ridiculous. To say that Japanese tourists don't go swimming in the northern rivers of Australia is also rubbish.....having travelled all round Australia in the same loose group as a number of Japanese, they were in the water as much as anyone else.

I doubt you are Australian

I am not a alcohol driven person and I don,t have any bogan influences nor do I associate with any person with these qualities. This is how most Foreigners perceive Australian. Then the answer is yes. I am not a perceived Aussie. Just an Aussie with a different in attitude. Those areas you and your mates swam in were probable south of Cairns were you can swim in relative safe conditions. But try swimming in the river North of Cairns or Broom they would be label a idiot like those who enter off piste when roped off. If they want to go off piste why do you have to use the resort to enter those restricted areas. When they can get a topographical map of the area and drive to the best entry point to access untracked areas with easy exit point. This way your only place yourself in danger where as entry from a resort leave track and people assume that here is a point to enter because some one as entered there. Most of the time the poeple who end needing help are cluest and have non Avi experience.

I doubt you are Australian

I am not a alcohol driven person and I don,t have any bogan influences nor do I associate with any person with these qualities. This is how most Foreigners perceive Australian. Then the answer is yes. I am not a perceived Aussie. Just an Aussie with a different in attitude.

I think what Tubby meant was that your posts read as if they are written by someone with English as a 2nd language, therefore he doubts you are a natural born Australian.

Sorry I am not Indigenous. I think maybe third generation.I do not know much about my Parent but there birth certificate say born in Australian But my English grammar is very bad. Yes very bad!

I am not a alcohol driven person and I don,t have any bogan influences nor do I associate with any person with these qualities. This is how most Foreigners perceive Australian. Then the answer is yes. I am not a perceived Aussie. Just an Aussie with a different in attitude. Those areas you and your mates swam in were probable south of Cairns were you can swim in relative safe conditions. But try swimming in the river North of Cairns or Broom they would be label a idiot like those who enter off piste when roped off. If they want to go off piste why do you have to use the resort to enter those restricted areas. When they can get a topographical map of the area and drive to the best entry point to access untracked areas with easy exit point. This way your only place yourself in danger where as entry from a resort leave track and people assume that here is a point to enter because some one as entered there. Most of the time the poeple who end needing help are cluest and have non Avi experience.

Eh....no. I've swam in rivers north of cairns, I've been away up the Mitchell river and yes I was hyper aware of crocs. We consulted locals to find any "safe" swimming holes and avoided those where we had no Information. I travelled fairly extensively in Australia with the majority being in north Western Australia and NT

Yes there is no management in the off piste areas and why should there be?

Because most of the Japanese ski industry is in dire straits with an ever declining market. My belief is that part of that decline is due to the fact that resort management practices have changed very little in most Japanese ski resorts for decades. It's like stepping back in time and that's not just including the ancient infrastructure. Whereas most ski areas around the world now do a lot of work on managing the snowpack and off-piste access it's relatively nonexistent in Japan. How many skiing/boarding movies do you see with guys just cruising down piste runs? Much of the industry now and you can see it in the design of boards and skis is geared towards either off-piste or park. That's what the market wants and that's what so few Japanese resorts deliver. As I say it's not surprising to me that they don't appear to be getting the younger generations into the sport and why it's declining so rapidly.

I said 'getting the younger generations into the sport'. Not taking it up. Most Japanese kids, at least from my experience up in Hokkaido ski regularly through their school years. Taking it up isn't an issue it's getting them really into it. Younger people don't want to learn perfect turns on-piste anymore. They want to hit up parks and the off-piste.

What can I to that say to that, maybe they are bus load of Chinese tourist?

No. Chinese tourists do not get off a bus to walk through snow and take pics. If there aren't LV handbags and Piaget watches for sale, they aren't interested.

I actually have a photo, which i took deliberately of me sitting behind the ropes at the top of Kagura staring at the bowl to Tashiro. If you ever look at a kagura map, its the roped off bit that looks mega yummy.

I took it because whilst looking across at this face getting strapped in and thinking about my line, 2 ski patrol came under the ropes and stood about 10 feet away from me talking about the parts of that area they really needed to check out because it was a bit dangerous (all hail survival pera pera nihongo skills!).

It was my first time ever running that line, and my reaction was "shit! busted!"... after 20 seconds i realised, to my sincere astonishment, that id gotten away with it. I actually took a photo because i couldnt believe it. (: Ill never post it though because i dont want to get anyone in trouble. But its always the example i go to in my head whenever this type of discussion comes about. Ah, how ill miss kagura this year :)