Fridges (and other large things) into the house

Unless it has an Ice making function, which would require some plumbing, then it's just plug in and go. You could keep it in ur garage until you r ready to plug it in

Depends on the fridge. Ours has the ice making function whereby you put water into a tank and then it turns that into ice, no need for plumbing.

We got that type for the very reason that no plumbing is required as the house we are in at the moment is a rented one.

That sounds like fridge that I want to get next. Definitely want an ice maker as love ice in my drinks and so over those tilt trays,

the forgetting to refill them and the ice sticking. But dont want the hassle of cutting an in fill slab to hook

water pipes up.

What a great idea. Will have to look for in Oz.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reason is because the refrigerant gets a bit agitated during moving, may froth up and cause damage to the pump etc. Leave it 4-6 hours so the refrigerant can settle, and the pump do its work.

Sounds like you may have got one of Chriselle's co-workers there!

I was expecting this.

K's came round today to do their "free estimate" on delivery.

As wide as our stairs are (wider than normal), getting the huge fridge up is pretty much not possible. It's going to be crane time apparently.

:doh:

I reckon I'll be able to massage the main prices though to make it less itai. Might well get the TV from K's too so they can ship them in at the same time. Now.... what tv to get!

'problem' with 4K now is that it isn't equipped with HDMI 2.0 which will be out later this year/early next year. Ideally wait for that. Though Sony say they will have an upgrade for those who get now. Unofficially.

Thing is though it'll be a while before the benefits of that 2.0 are felt anyway.

If you're going to get, might as well take the plunge I reckon. There's always going to be something just round the corner.

HDMI 2 would enable data transfer from a player (running HDMI 2) to the 4K TV at 60 fps 4k.

Currently HDMI 1.4 only allows 24 to 30 fps.

For broadcasting, maybe we'd have to wait another 10 years before it gets adapted. Thats if they don't jump to 8k by then.

Point it, if you are buying now, you want one that is hdmi 2.0 capable - rather than not.

Looks like Sony for example planned with that and it's just a firmware update for their current tvs.

And same cables can carry the signal.

• 1 month later...

:lol:

Listen to this for bullshit.

K's Denki going to deliver a big fridge and tv. Need crane. Crane is seperate company. They need to come beforehand to check the place, even though I provided very very clear photos of the approach road, our house both outside and inside.

Apparently they want to charge me DOUBLE for there being two items to bring into the house.

Double as in the same amount that it would cost for them to come two completely seperate times.

We're not talking a few thousand yen here, more like a few man yen.

I was told "this is the way it is done in Japan". (Proceeded to be severely pissed off as you can imagine. Comments like that are like red flag to bull).

I told them I'd go with another company, so we're at an impasse. I'm expecting they'll do it for the one charge (or perhaps an extra 1000 yen note or something).

There's absolutely no way I'm even contemplating paying double the crane rental charge just for bringing 2 pieces into the house rather than one. It's just a nutty idea, I cant believe they say it with a straight face.

Do people actually agree to that?!?