Fridges (and other large things) into the house

We're getting a really big fridge for our new house.

Hit a problem.

The one we want we had on order, but it turns out that the dude in K's "forgot" to actually put in the order, and now that I checked today it seems that it is not available any more in any K's.

:doh:

I really am very displeased with them.

Long story short, I'm trying to find it online now, buy it asap before it becomes unavailable and keep it in our garage unpacked until we need it. We really wanted that particular one and the newer ones that are soon to replace it will surely be a fair bit more expensive.

So, now just checking on a few things.

- how did you get your large fridge in your house (if anyone did this) --- crane? And how much did it cost?

- a fridge is just a plug and play thing right? So I can keep it in my garage all packed up for a month and then move it in to new house when ready... no 'installation' type stuff needed is there?

Silly q's perhaps.

Onegai!

:)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Reason is because the refrigerant gets a bit agitated during moving, may froth up and cause damage to the pump etc. Leave it 4-6 hours so the refrigerant can settle, and the pump do its work.

Sounds like you may have got one of Chriselle's co-workers there!

Thanks. It does actually have an ice thing, but it doesn't need any plumbing. Just looking online, it's just a plug and that's it by the looks.

The main problem is getting it in. I seem to be able to buy it now less than I agreed with Ks, but a crane would likely eliminate that.

Like I said though, really want this one so I don't seem to have much choice.

Unless it has an Ice making function, which would require some plumbing, then it's just plug in and go. You could keep it in ur garage until you r ready to plug it in

Depends on the fridge. Ours has the ice making function whereby you put water into a tank and then it turns that into ice, no need for plumbing.

We got that type for the very reason that no plumbing is required as the house we are in at the moment is a rented one.

Thanks. It does actually have an ice thing, but it doesn't need any plumbing. Just looking online, it's just a plug and that's it by the looks.

The main problem is getting it in. I seem to be able to buy it now less than I agreed with Ks, but a crane would likely eliminate that.

Like I said though, really want this one so I don't seem to have much choice.

3 or 4 tough dudes should be able to get that into your house ok. And the new fridges are much lighter than the old ones. Our fridge only needed 2 dudes to lift it and it is far from being small! And they where far from tough looking!!!!!

Problem is that it needs to go on the 1st floor (ie. the one above the ground floor), sorry should have mentioned that.

And the stairs go round a corner.

And the fridge is over 80cm wide.

;)

Just checked, it's 135kg.

One thing: when you do get it in place, I believe it's good to leave it stand for a couple of hours before plugging in.

Not sure why, maybe something to do with the coolant gas pooling or perhaps an emotional issue to let the fridge get used to its new surroundings before having to go to work.

One thing: when you do get it in place, I believe it's good to leave it stand for a couple of hours before plugging in.

Not sure why, maybe something to do with the coolant gas pooling or perhaps an emotional issue to let the fridge get used to its new surroundings before having to go to work.

:lol:

After all, once it's turned on....

When we had our new fridge delivered this year two guys were able to get it into the house no problem. It was a large fridge, similar in weight to the one you are getting and it had to go up some stairs. Apparently you aren't supposed to put them on their side when carrying it so it was brought in upright. When the guys were taking it up the stairs the guy in front used a strap looped under the bottom of the fridge and walked backwards while the guy behind just lifted the fridge from the bottom. They made it look easy but I'm sure it wasn't the first fridge they'd moved.

Phew! Just got a call from K's.

It seems Head Office have been able to find me one apparently, so problem solved.

As much as I don't like getting angry with people, I don't think I could hide my displeasure yesterday, get the impression he's been running round since trying to get this solved for me.

:)

That is a lot of hassle I can do without so happy about that.

Good to hear K's solved there problem. It can be hard to get good service

these days and I understand the displeasure. Don't like getting angry too.

The straps sound like a good idea, seen experienced furniture removalists use

them. I always leave the packaging cardboard on in case of bumps/ knocks going up

stairs. Walls can be patched quite easily but harder to hide dents in a new fridge.

Obvious but thought worth mentioning.

The hand trolley trucks with a ratchet hold down strap work well but you will still have to

wiggle around corners.

Actually I'm often really impressed with service.

And perhaps that is one reason I was so disappointed.

And I was so pleased with them until then.

Anyway, I forgive. He made a mistake but happily it is now cleared.

Reason is because the refrigerant gets a bit agitated during moving, may froth up and cause damage to the pump etc. Leave it 4-6 hours so the refrigerant can settle, and the pump do its work.

• Like 1

Actually I'm often really impressed with service.

And perhaps that is one reason I was so disappointed.

And I was so pleased with them until then.

Anyway, I forgive. He made a mistake but happily it is now cleared.

Good to hear you got that sorted out. That is what I like about Japan, even when they do mess something up, they try their best to sort the problem out as quickly and with as little fuss as possible.

What he said :thumbsup:

That is always a concern YOS.

I like to measure up all the apertures that need to be negotiated before purchasing.

I have to buy a new fridge and split system aircon today for a reno we are doing, but thankfully they are small ones, can just stick them in the back of my car, it's just a granny flat reno. I'd hate to have to replace my fridge in the kitchen...it's a commercial thing - 3 times the width of a normal large fridge. :omg: I reckon the previous owners must have had that brought in when there were no doors on the place!