• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am all for an idea along these lines. Many times I have seen people that I suspected of being forum members but didn't bother to ask. A sticker is good but it is hard if you throw it on your board because it will get covered in snow.

"Echineko!!" is pretty good. Hilarious that she would be the one to suggest it.

We could just say "You on the forum?" which is ambiguous enough to not necessarily lead to unwanted gaijin conversation.

Funny you should say that, Barok. In fact, if you see someone skiing around wearing an Ottawa Senators hockey jersey with a "Mark" printed on the back, that's me. I've been sporting that look for a since last season.

I was talking about this with Enderzero and as bizare as it sounds (esp coming from me) how about just an "Echineko" said. If youre on the forum you know what it means, if the person isnt theyll just go "whaaaa?" and youll know its not forum peeps. Just an idea.

I'm new here today. I actually didn't know about this forum until at the weekend in Hakuba. Here I was innocently skiing with the g/f when on 3 separare occasions people I didn't know came up to me and asked me if I was a "Snow Japan forum user".

I thought it was a bit freaky at first (!), not really knowing what they were on about. But here I am and a bit shocked at what I was missing (and the fact that the thing is actually here!!!) eek.gif

And I'm real glad I came - it's well cool that such a community exists.

It looks like my work will suffer.

Thanks everyone for the introduction!

PS Why were there so many gaijin on Happo this last weekend?? Now that was a shock!

i'll sign up as a newbie too.

been checking the snow depths everyday and then surfing a bit, but the forum looks like a worthy side track.

i bus outa nags every thurs for fun on the gifu slopes with the odd trip to hakuba valley. need to find a friendly face with knowledge to show me where to cut some fresh lines. otherwise ill end up stuck around the parks. i need all the help i can get. im from perth, snow dont come natural, u know!?!

i give points to dyna for a wicked pipe and a range of things to do. takasu is good for a laugh and im keen to check out what the new park is like. and a special mention goes to winghills for a sweet onsen in the carpark - free entry on bus tour. i wanna check out shiratori kogen and ski jam in fukui (man it snowed a lot there at the end of last week!) but aint no buses...