• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they still run into April

Tubby, I have been analyzing this in depth for you over the last minute or so. I think it's safe to say that either Saturday or Sunday will be windier than the other. Not clear which yet. Use that

Ippy you headed to Nozawa? Pics from this morning there look great.

**** that place! It's going to take every ounce of my fairness and objectivity to write a review more positive than the first three words of this post.

If you love skating miles and miles or you just love riding 10 minutes on a lift for a two minute run, you're going to ****ing love sugadaira. Oh yeah, and its about three kms between the two areas necessitating a shuttle bus... which runs every two hours... and charges you 200 yen. Brilliant place.

A review will follow. It has a couple of good things going for it... if I can just fluff those out for about 400 words each and then just list all the things I hated in very short bullit points, we should end up with about 50/50 good/bad :>

Actually ended up having a pretty decent day, lapping the park, hitting the side stashes and the trees between the two slopes at Mitsumata. Stuck at the base station now tho.....traffic is mental and the shuttle bus is nowhere to be seen

Perfect...a ride AND dinner!! What a gent! :)

They are running but the traffic is backed up in both directions as far as the eye can see so getting back is also a problem. Just been told it'll be another 20 mins before the bus comes back :(

I can sumarise it very quickly.

1. It does have nice fun runs. Theyre fekkin short. And almost all of them are found around pine beak.

2. Pine beak also has a dedicated(?) snowboard carving course. Thats kinda neat.

3. Speaking of, lots of untouched powder over the furthest end of pine beak (the smaller mountain bit). Again, runs are short, but plenty of tree riding.

4. The top of davos is likely a good fun hikable line. No idea, visibility was zero, but the cat operation seems to go up there on a schedule time rather than based on conditions, so it cant be that dangerous. Which means hiking and riding is a definite option.

5. For beginners, the whole davos area seems great.

6. The taro area is kinda nice for intermediates just getting to grips with their terrain. And since the two areas (taro and davos) hook up, this means a low level group is going to find itself happy around that entire area.

7. The park over at pine beak is pretty decent. Though the fact i can hardly sit down today because of a smashed up tail bone reminds me i have no business being there.

8. Though short, the pine beak area makes a decent place for intermediates and advanced riders to kill time if they accidentally find themselves stuck there.

9. Its rather pretty. Youve never seen such a flat mountain surrounded by other flat ridge lines. It makes it unique. Alas, i never caught a picture of it because i was freezing my nuts off at the time.

10. Its lowest point is 1200 meters. Its highest is 1650 (there abouts...) its kinda like the top of yamabiko to the top of paradise. Thsi means the snows going to be decent quality pretty late on.

11. (completely unconfirmed) Iif youre here for a while, youll probably figure out a lot of drop in parts off that cat track between the two areas of pine beak. Im fairly certain theres a line through there bringing you out on the resort.