I had an interesting weekend. An amazing day followed by a crazy not so good day. I'll start with the good. I went to Houdaigi (or Hodaigi never sure how to spell that long "o") on Saturday for the first time. Overall I was pretty impressed with the place. They do a good job of marking which areas are off-piste versus out of bounds. The off-piste signs were great. They didn't tell you not to go there, just to be careful. I spent most of the day in these areas. The runs were really fun, lots of open forest to explore. I found some great runs where almost the whole run was in the forest. The powder was knee deep and fluffy which definitely helped. I also enjoyed a long natural half pipe run they have, I'm trying to hit a backside 440 off a wall :) Over all a pretty nice place!

Excited from my great day Saturday, I was hoping for more of the same Sunday. I went to my usual (Kawaba). I figured because the forecast of high wind and snow I better go someplace I know. It was freezing, visibility was terrible and on top of all this when you went off-piste it was like snowboarding in mud. Luckily I was riding single tickets so I decided to go home early.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they still run into April

Tubby, I have been analyzing this in depth for you over the last minute or so. I think it's safe to say that either Saturday or Sunday will be windier than the other. Not clear which yet. Use that

Ippy you headed to Nozawa? Pics from this morning there look great.

Now that was a LOT more positive than I was expecting!! ;)

Well you know... its important to sometimes consider the possibility that other people might exist... if only to make the world seem more colorful :)

7. The park over at pine beak is pretty decent. Though the fact i can hardly sit down today because of a smashed up tail bone reminds me i have no business being there.

I have a shin bone that tells me the same after cracking it off the edge of one of the table features at Mitsumata yesterday

If you are interested in teh snowcat operation at sugadaira, turns out youtube has it up. Just added it to the review, but not everyones going to read that, so heres some talking pictures instead :)

haha, if you watch the COME TO SUGADAIRA!!! clip you can see the dudes literally riding the cat track down. Like tonnes of fresh to the side of it, but the three of them stick fiercely to those bumpy cut up tracks.