• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No, they still run into April

Tubby, I have been analyzing this in depth for you over the last minute or so. I think it's safe to say that either Saturday or Sunday will be windier than the other. Not clear which yet. Use that

Ippy you headed to Nozawa? Pics from this morning there look great.

• SnowJapan Admin

Sorry Chris......I would've IF I had gotten ur msg.....but SnowJapan thwarted me (��)

Going to kags on Sunday, with a Shonan crew

:)

Oh, very sorry Tubby!

:(

Kagura should be good though

Neeeee-mu!!!

On the train, feel super rough, loadsasnow though.

Train to nozawa is less busy mind you. Plenty of people with snowboard bags, but nothing like the last two weekends :)

Passed iiyama now and just soooo sunny. Fun to be had out there today I reckons if the snow down my end bears mY relation to the snow on the resort :)

Sorry Chris......I would've IF I had gotten ur msg.....but SnowJapan thwarted me (��)

Oh, very sorry Tubby!

I was rudderless yesterday....stuck with all this free time and didn't know how to fill it up

:D

Oh, very sorry Tubby!

I was rudderless yesterday....stuck with all this free time and didn't know how to fill it up

:D

Haha, me too, I must have checked if it was back online 20 times or more :lol:

• Like 1

Fun day, waist to chest deep in the trees when er, you had to um boot pack it :) on piste surprising,y less fun. Way tracked out somehow. Basically stuck around slackcountrt stuffs today. Feeling more comfortable now reaching the middle line and decided my favorite way in us vua the mizunashi trees. Great fun in there. Totally untracked since everyone's either in tanuki or want to ride the chute on the middle from higher up. Cut in lower down and once you get past the gnarly bit, it flattens out leaving a yummy powder field on a nice pitch with fun trees. Good day... not much really to say though. Still mad busy, but it feels like they're thinning out now. So couple of weeks and resorts mine again. :)

Knackering day out on the slopes today but got introduced to Skyline at Happo-one and I don't think I've had that much fun with my clothes on in a looong time.

Grinning from ear to ear.

I reckons tomorrow might be a day to check out sugadaira. Might even pull out the scope since I have this feeling its a day for just cruising (preconceptions already forming). Who wants to tell me its better than I assume?

Woohoo! Somehow I made the 7.39 train. Its off to sugadaira I go! There's a **** tonne of snow out there, and since sugadaira is a mere twenty clicks behind my house that info may in fact be relevant for a change. :) pity I have to travel twenty minutes to ueda and then another fifty or so minutes on the bus though to reach it. I had a look at the trail map yesterday... its annoyingly spread out. But there is a massive open face on it that looks fun.

There's a proper storm blowing out there. Visibility is on the low side. In ueda I'd say its around 300m. The wind has all those little flags looking furious. Its war on snow. You can make out the sun though, so possibly it'll calm down.

Eta: bus was super east to find. The stop is right outside the station. Its the first one you see. Bus is a local bus, so about twenty seats and nowhere to stick your boards... pack lightly when you come. almost no one on the bus though, but I have a feeling what with it being Sunday, that there's going to be a war for seats back home.

Initial thoughts on the map and what I remember when I cycled it in summer.,. Davis looks like the best area, the pine whatsitsface looks completely separated and may require a shuttle to access which could be irritating. Lifts look short, veg is only about 400 meters, so that 6km downhill is going to be needing plenty of uphill if its going to claim that name...

About 200m above the station now. Condition are mellowing :)

Me and sugadaira aren't really starting off as best friends :-) got off the but in the wrong place, turns out everyone else thought everyone else knew what they were doing... then I had to get two lifts up the hill to find a locker. The slopes themselves are perfect... if you're terrified of skiing or snowboarding. Just enough pitch to keep you moving, but pretty much wide open and flat. Gonna be a longish day I reckons. Fortunately ended up in Davos area so at least I'm not in the boonies part. But yeah, not a great start. Lockers, for them that's interested are at the base of lift 6 in a shack that says toilet on it :) dislike dislike dislike. Free ticket or not the place won't be getting much of a ringing endorsement. Its akakura onsen all over again :)