What do you think is the best thing to fuel up on before a days riding? I usually do poridge or NZ weetbix but just finished my last box of weetbix \:\(

If Im doing the konbini its usually a heated up fried rice onigiri and cheese bread but it just doenst satisfy.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheese bread satisfies a treat!! ;\) Delicious, nutritious and fun! Great to eat with friends, and even on your own, unlike other fun foodstuffs.

I usually have a good big chunk of cheese to get me going in a morning, along with a cheesy bread snack. That's what the body wants before a good workout!

A couple of 7-11 burritos followed up with one of those 'Maron and Maron' muthers should keep you going until past 1 pm. Mind you don't get a lapful of hot cheese from the burrito.

The filling effect of porridge wears off rather quickly I find. \:o

Yeah, being a 'Mainlander' (Aussie) I can relate to Ms. NZ's option of porridge and wheat-bix.

Need loads of carbo's for a hectic day on the slopes.

Best thin about skiing in Japan is the lunches - filling and healthy. The stuff in most western resorts is greasy and tasteless.

Cheese for breakfast - DUDE??!! \:\)

I like all kinds of foods but when it comes to breakfast I dislike the Asian varieties including the Japanese version. Some varieties of Chinese breakfast I can tolerate but am not crazy about. I prefer continental breakfasts and the American breakfast is my favourite, complete with pancakes, cereal, fruit juices, eggs, milk and bread (and of course cheese). There you you've got all the calories you need together with all the nutritious vitamins but most important of all...Yummy Yummy. That's why I love Denny's in the U.S., they serve all-day breakfasts.

Bacon and eggs of course-followed up by a portable snack of cheese'n'onion toasties. You need never drop sen yen on a sloppy curry rice again if you follow this course of action.

Natto on a bowl of steaming rice is great if you`ve got the time(no flames, please). ;\) Ochazuke is pretty decent too. Never really did like cereal and milk that much when I was a kid. An omlette with a couple strips of crispy(NOT soggy like they`ve got here)bacon sounds nice once in a while, though. I think I`m Japanese I think I`m turning Japanese I really think so!

Quote:
Originally posted by oblivion:
Today - baked beans on toast.
Baked beans? bring em on bro!
Wish I could get my hands on some!!
blow past everyone!
bean means ....... ( won't say it for risk of offending anyone)
 Quote:
Originally posted by zwelgen:
Yeah so where do you get baked beans in Japan. That would be a great start to the day, or middle or end or midnight snack...
Baked beans for me anytime of the day! I'd even go the black N goldies if i could get my hands on em!

C'mon OBLIVION!!! spill the beans, where's ya secret stash !

Dying for a baked bean tostie! :p

Anyone know where you can buy baked beans (Heinz of course) in Osaka or Tokyo. [Apart from FBC, which is just waaaayyyy to expensive]