FEATURE : What's it like to be a part of a resort in full flight?

As a question dear to many people's hearts, do they have music on the slopes at Arai? If so, is there a reason why? Who chooses the music? If there is no music, is that due to a conscious decision by the resort?

A lot of people of this forum don't seem to like the music. If there is music at Arai, does anyone complain about it?

Hi

Thanks for reading.

There is no music on the slopes at ARAI. What is the reason behind having music on the slopes?

I do try to get out whenever possible, lately though I manage to get out once or twice a month. It is a great way to blow off steam.

Regards

Blair.

Welcome to February everyone!

To answer your questions -

Fattwins:

I really have multiple duties here, ranging from visual identity(menus, signs etc. into English) through to attending to international guests when they visit the resort. I'm also on standby for any emergencies that require hospital visits and the like. In the green season, I teach English to the staff. Twenty of ARAI's full-time employees sat the TOEIC exam last November.

As for opening more terrain, there is definitely potential for ARAI to do so. The question of the hour is whether the economy, in the state that it is in, could support ARAI undertaking such a venture - Time will tell!

frannyo:

ARAI has received a bunch of snow over the past week, so indications presently are for a long flight.

It really is up to each individual guest as to when the flight starts to descend. For some, they only want to ski during peak season, so the descent begins in April. For others, they enjoy spring conditions, so their flight can last well into May.

I intend that the next volume of the setting journals will shed more light on answers to your questions frannyo.

Thanks again for reading

Blair.

Care to expand on this Blair?....

Quote:
As for opening more terrain, there is definitely potential for ARAI to do so. The question of the hour is whether the economy, in the state that it is in, could support ARAI undertaking such a venture - Time will tell!

Hi silly-sausage

To undertake an expansion on any mountain is incredibly capital intensive, requires years of planning and is obviously subject to the elasticities of demand.

Industry wide, I have often heard resorts etc. talk about expansion, but only a few of them actually follow through. There are I beleive many reasons for this, but one of the main ones is being able to establish a return on investment acceptable enough to secure financing for such a project.

Thanks for reading

Blair.