• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A few suggestions on what to avoid: 1. If the boot fitter doesn't inspect your bare feet, both of them, he/she probably isn't an expert so you better hope you have an ``average'' foot shape. 2. If t

I like Technica because I have wide feet. Also like the new noridca boots they are pretty awesome if you buy the sidecountry range. Boots are a pain the worst part about skiing really. As for another

I have read online that Fuso ski boot shop in Tokyo is decent for boot fitting but haven't been there myself.   I am hoping to go to an English speaking boot fitter in Niseko this winter.   I have

Interesting Digriz . Made me think about my boots which have done quite a few ks now. I have been fortunate that all the boots I have owned have never caused me problems so I have never needed boot fitting or customized foot pads. Checking my boots I think an upgrade of the footpads would be a good idea. Has anyone had a good experiences with footpads and could recommend a particular type.

Thanks guys.

These are Bear Cubs new ski boots.

If I am as happy with whatever ski boots I buy as he is with these, then it'll all be good.

306702_4493125139991_1593581593_n.jpg

Mamabear....I just spent an hour or so trying on several pairs of boots I was eyeing. The Salomon Falcon XR CS 105 flex is a really great fitting boot for me. They have a really nice inner. I might get them but I think a trip to Tokyo is still in order.

Hey Chriselle they must be the same boots as mine. I couldn't find the flex written on them though.

My wife has a pair of the Salomon XR CT JP - she says that they are very good.

Actually all my family are wearing Salomon boots this year for the first time. Definitely :thumbsup: a thumbs up!

Hey Chriselle they must be the same boots as mine. I couldn't find the flex written on them though.

My wife has a pair of the Salomon XR CT JP - she says that they are very good.

Actually all my family are wearing Salomon boots this year for the first time. Definitely :thumbsup: a thumbs up!

Yes, as Mamabear noted they are the JP designation. In a 27 I fit them very well and I even found a few sets of last years model online for quite a bit cheaper. They should fit the same I imagine. The 100mm last fits well but I'd like to try a boot with a 98 though.

I have a pair of Dalbellos which are about 4 or 5 years old. they are pretty good now that they have stretched out a bit.

But i am pigeon-toed and had to get some custom insoles made to push my legs outwards. I also wear soccer shin protectors because the front of my shins hurt without them. but only on the right leg..

the heels are getting a bit worn and frazzled from walking on concrete and stuff. that may be an issue soon.

I have a pair of Dalbellos which are about 4 or 5 years old. they are pretty good now that they have stretched out a bit.

But i am pigeon-toed and had to get some custom insoles made to push my legs outwards. I also wear soccer shin protectors because the front of my shins hurt without them. but only on the right leg..

the heels are getting a bit worn and frazzled from walking on concrete and stuff. that may be an issue soon.

Haha....I've been taping my shins with strips of silver duct tape for years. On the long drive home my wife takes the very sadistic pleasure of reaching down and ripping them off when I start to get sleepy at the wheel. Sure wakes ya up... :sj-lol: Hopefully these new boots will remedy the "pain".

And the verdict is in....Without going to Tokyo I decided to just go ahead with the Salomon Falcon XR CS 105. Now I can get some nice telescoping poles with the money saved from the trip (not taken) to the city.

127298.jpg

Haha...I was just thinking about when I was about 13 and I got some new white leather runners and I was soon out in the garden rubbing dirt on them because it wasn't "cool" to have nice new runners. My dad caught me and booted my ass....he still brings that up at every family gathering...

These were the lowest rung on my list and they are just beyond the 50,000 yen mark.....the same ones were 66,800 yen at the shop I went to last night. The other models I was interested in were considerably more. Not cheap...!!

And the verdict is in....Without going to Tokyo I decided to just go ahead with the Salomon Falcon XR CS 105. Now I can get some nice telescoping poles with the money saved from the trip (not taken) to the city.

127298.jpg

we have the same boots!

:wave:

I got some bummer news today though....they only have black in the 27...black with green buckles...but that works ok just not my first choice. They gave us a price break for the trouble.

• 3 weeks later...

I spent quite a while yesterday going around the shops in Kanda trying on a load of ski boots. What do people go with sizing wise? The shoes and trainers I buy are usually 27.5, as are my old ski boots, but when I measured my feet, my big left foot is barely 26 and my right foot is 25! Not wanting to buy boots way too big, I tried on a load of boots either 26 or 26.5, but pretty much all of them were uncomfortable or even painful. I think the best ones were the Lange RX 110, but my feet were, I'd say somewhat less than perfectly happy even with size 26.5. The lady in one of the shops stuck some fancy insoles in which seemed to have more solid support around the ankle and arch and that seemed to help a bit, but those things cost a whopping 6000 yen!

Last ones I got I got without trying on (different story, had no choice) and they were tight at first. Too tight.

But they wore in pretty good and not just about right fit.

I won't buy without trying on again though.