Ever bought something online and really regretted it?

Long story but I bought a few household things from an online store, I won't give the name here, that seemed to be ok. Well made site, reviews on the site seemed ok and balanced.

Anyway it was the only place that I could get what I wanted and so took the plunge.

I'm now regret it. The order is still in processing online, but on chat they have told me all sorts of stories. Lots of contradictory stories. Going round and round and they are just spinning a real story here. One of their favorites seems to be "we'll send you the confirmation tomorrow" (doesn't happen) and "we have so many orders we must have forgotten to send the confirmation. Ever so sorry". Oh yes and the old classic different person name every time you go onto the chat.

I think the strategy is to make the customer so absolutely frustrated that they'll give up. Or explode.

They have been very 'polite' - but in an insincere way, to the point of me wanting to get on over to China and slap them across the face.

Going absolutely nuts with it and about to get onto Paypal for a refund. Anyone been through that process? Hopefully I can get my money back because I don't feel confident that I will.

If you are within the paypal dispute timeframe send them a note saying you are going to take this to dispute and see what happens. I've had three bad experiences in the past year with undelivered goods. In the end they all made good but two of them were way beyond the 45 day Paypal dispute limit and I had to resort to taking the issue public. The other one I sent a threat and they got on it.

Good luck with it.

I'm quite careful about things but sometimes you just have to give things a go.

Luckily never been ripped off online.

I'm quite innocent really....... I can't understand and imagine how some people seem to be able to live their lives knowing that they are intentionally misleading people and being fraudulent, ripping others off.

dumb%2Bblonde.jpg

I got a new stick deodorant today.

The instructions said: Remove cap and push up bottom.

I can barely walk, but whenever I fart the room smells lovely.

I ordered a video camera online, and got the runaround just like you are now. In the end, I sent them an email that if they did not refund the money, I would go to my bank and have them reverse the credit card charges, which is what I ended up doing. Interestingly, the bank I am with did not charge me for reversing the transaction, or ask to see any documentation of my dispute with the retailer.

dumb%2Bblonde.jpg

Snowjunky, is this her deodorant story or yours?? ;)

You'd wonder if they put any thought into what happens when you don't get your package "tomorrow".

Though like you said it is probably just a case of wearing people down and getting them to give up.

I had a problem once similar, tried not to get worked up about it, got my Paypal refund.

I then went and tried to warn other people about the company online.

The saga continues.

I have actually put a claim in but they need to respond.

The responses from these dudes is truly amazing. Can't believe they have the nerve to say some of the things they do.

I got a "tracking number" eventually from the package that they sent last week/Friday/yesterday/tomorrow/never. Guess what.... invalid tracking number. To which they said that the express delivery company is on holiday until Monday and so can I wait for the proper tracking number. You know, for the package that I should have received on Thursday last week.

Got to laugh I suppose, though I will find it easier when I get my money back.

Is the process of reclaiming fairly smooth with PayPal?

I did this once and it was really easy. I don't think the seller responded to their request at all, so I got my refund quite easily.

dumb%2Bblonde.jpg

Disturbing post there Snowjunky...

but somehow....HOT

:lol:

I have bought something from amazon that didn't show up.

I was quite surprised at how very easily they simply sent me another one.

The original did eventually arrive, about 4 weeks later!

Had similar with Lego.com.

I bought 4 large Christmas Countdown sets - instead of chocolate behind the window was a little Lego model to make, and they all went together to make a Christmas scene. Lego sent me a replacement 4 sets, then two weeks after they arrived my post office 'found' the original 4 stuck out the back somewhere.... Great...

I contacted Lego and they said it was not worth the postage to send them back, thanks for the honesty, enjoy the extra sets...Made great gifts for relatives kids!

OK good end to this.

It seems that this scam company hasn't respond to Paypals request for information, and so I have been told that I will get all my money back. :)

Kind of makes me regret spending the time getting frustrated and emailing these dudes 30+ times, though their responses have been quite comical at times.

Their going round and round in circles, fake sincerity and outright lying has been an eye-opener thats for sure.