I'm off to Shiga Kogen this coming week with a friend and should be there and maybe Nozawa for a number of days. It's a big area, which do you like best? From what I can see there seem to be 3 main areas - the southern part (Yokoteyama/Kumanoyu), the middle part, then the northern part (Okushiga/Yakebitaiyama).

I go there a few times a year and vary it, but the area I usually end up most is the middle part > Yakebitaiyama and if I have my skis on over to Okushiga. Very cold place.

Wonderful powder snow at Okushiga Kogen! It was almost like skiing in Hokkaido. We were so impressed with "excellent" service at Okushiga Kogen hotel. This is the hotel I would love to stay in the mountain. I really liked the smell of woodburning fireplace at lounge.

Today the snow at Yakebitai was better, I saw tracks in the trees at the right side of Gondola1. Has anybody ever skied there?

No, I was looking for nice spot and found it at side of Yakebitai Gondola1. But it was too deep... I can't ski well if it's too deep... So, I didn't try there but would love to next time! ;\)