Now that another Snow Season is drawing to a close what other sports will take it's place - either participating or just following?

Me: - Participating - Tennis, golf, surfing, - there are others I used to play but have grown out of............ (read - "too old")

Following - Football (real football), Rugby, Motor sports.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not the only one.

Participating - Hiking and Kayaking. .

Following - Don't really follow any sports. Quite like Rugby Union but would struggle to name one player on any team. Will happily watch a game if I come across it on the TV but don't ever look up when games are on. Never read a sports article in a newspaper and if there's sports commentary on the radio will generally switch to another station. Find pretty much all discussion about sport to be incredibly, mind numbingly boring. Unless it's about our skiing, hiking or mountaineering exploits! ;)

You need to practice your surfing over here Tubs

Today 2.5 to 3 metre (8-10 foot) waves on the sets, Water Temp 24c, Air Temp 17c to 26c.

yeah......I've not been in the water since december, waiting on the sir temp to rise a little more.....saying that i do have a wet suit and could go in just now...haven't seen many good waves round shonan though

Participating:- BMXing, taekwondo (sometimes!) and surfing (the internet);

Following:- A lot of stuff really but particularly motorsports (especially MotoGP) and I really like the ol' sumo!!!

Participating :- Hiking, cycling, martial arts, weight lifting, golf, swimming, independent self defense and killing techniques! (Not necessarily in that order and when time allows!)

Following :- Sumo, would like to follow F1, but no coverage on TV here!

Participating: cycling, general fitness work (combinations of running, weights, resistance bands, Fitball core, kickboxing), swimming.

Following: rugby union, water polo, numerous summer and winter Olympic/Commonwealth games events.

Today 2.5 to 3 metre (8-10 foot) waves on the sets, Water Temp 24c, Air Temp 17c to 26c.

Sounds nice that! I was out for a surf this afternoon and it was pretty small but very good. 2-3 foot, water temp 14c, air temp 18c. Waves have been pretty good around Izu so far this spring. Usually goes flat when rainy season hits so got to get it while it's good! I've got a feeling we are in for some crazy typhoon action this summer (or I hope at least).

Participating: surfing, skateboarding, basketball, cycling, jogging, gym, hiking

Following: football, hockey, surfing

Skydiving (freefall has gymnastic quality) and paragliding ( I don´t think of this as sports, more like floating on a pram) - but I´m thinking of giving it all up.

I really don´t do sports. Bicycles, longboards, walking uphill downhill, swim, body surf ... never considered those things what I do as sports.

Watching sports is boring.

Mick....sumo....really??!! Couple of fat boys slapping each other......most of it is fixed as well. I almost fell asleep at it the last time I went, my brother successfully fell asleep for about 30 mins....was pretty funny :lol:

Jynxx I didn't know you skydived. If you come to the US we should make some jumps.

As for me:

Participating: Jumping off high objects, skiing, biking, football, and curling (just kidding)

Watch: ehhh sometimes I go to minor league baseball games and drink, same with soccer (football).

You know what I really miss playing ...

Softball

Mitch, I´m not a really good freeflyer .. I fall the same rate standing when most guys are sitting . I jumped with a heavy guy on belly, and me sit. I like going for a tracking jumps. I let you go rabbit.

Sounds nice that! I was out for a surf this afternoon and it was pretty small but very good. 2-3 foot, water temp 14c, air temp 18c. Waves have been pretty good around Izu so far this spring. Usually goes flat when rainy season hits so got to get it while it's good! I've got a feeling we are in for some crazy typhoon action this summer (or I hope at least).

Participating: surfing, skateboarding, basketball, cycling, jogging, gym, hiking

Following: football, hockey, surfing

"water temp 14c" brrrrrr brass monkey conditions that. :shifty:

I grew up surfing those conditions in Victoria - Used to light a big fire on the beach first so we could thaw out after our surf session.

Moving north to warmer climate has kept me surfing a lot longer

Aw it's not that cold! Especially for someone who grew up in Canada. I wear a 2/3mm right through the winter (coldest days I sometimes wear a shortie under my wetsuit). Luckily we only have to wear full wetsuits for a couple of months. Summer surfing here is heavenly.