Desire the ability to enter the Weekly Giveaways on SnowJapan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The sad thing is Chris, that clearly these people do share the same interest, which is snow sports in Japan. Rather than attempt to become part of the community, they just want something for nothing.

Just ran my secret decoder ring over the above quote. Here is the translation:   "The only thing that outweighs my enormous sense of entitlement is my outrageously arrogant attitude."   Amazing

To those of you who have shown it, thanks for your support.   We have actually had a few people express a similar kind of opinions this season. While people are entitled to their opinions on this

Gentlemen and ladies. I cereated this post due to the fact that when I linked from, " http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/21321-snowjapan-giveaways-10-gala-yuzawa-niigata-lift-tickets/" it was to the understanding that I would be able to enter this contest. Before enterring the contest I was sked to register to qualify. There were no condidtions mentioned for qualification. I have now noticed that the administrator has made mention of some of the conditions but they are not properly detailed on the contest page. It is Japanese law that all conditions, private information stipulations, and legal requirements be avaiable for any applicant for any giveaway contest; even this private forum as your sponsors are fully qulified corporations here in Japan. The sponsors know this and if they don't the law firm they have contracts with know this. Please understand that my point of my post, aside form the obvious title, was to point out that the administrators of this forum on this site need to be aware that they were and are misleading individuals who would like to apply for the contest by not providing all the conditions for individuals who are intereted in registering for the contest. I would hate to see any private organzation to lose their sponsors over s simple matter of providing the nescessary leagal information to thos who request it.

That really is quite a post, just re-read it.

:lol:

How did you score on spelling in junior high?

Couldn't believe that persons second post even worse than the first! OMFG is he / she on drugs or something!

Best just ignore them, they will most probably go away then!

Still can't believe what I read back there!

Gentlemen and ladies. I cereated this post due to the fact that when I linked from, " http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/21321-snowjapan-giveaways-10-gala-yuzawa-niigata-lift-tickets/" it was to the understanding that I would be able to enter this contest. Before enterring the contest I was sked to register to qualify. There were no condidtions mentioned for qualification. I have now noticed that the administrator has made mention of some of the conditions but they are not properly detailed on the contest page. It is Japanese law that all conditions, private information stipulations, and legal requirements be avaiable for any applicant for any giveaway contest; even this private forum as your sponsors are fully qulified corporations here in Japan. The sponsors know this and if they don't the law firm they have contracts with know this. Please understand that my point of my post, aside form the obvious title, was to point out that the administrators of this forum on this site need to be aware that they were and are misleading individuals who would like to apply for the contest by not providing all the conditions for individuals who are intereted in registering for the contest. I would hate to see any private organzation to lose their sponsors over s simple matter of providing the nescessary leagal information to thos who request it.

What part of active member did you not understand? Am guessing the active part.

Hopefully the sj guys have either kicked you off this site, or you have seen how this community has come together and shown you the error of your ways.

First and foremost, this site is based around winter sports in Japan, and the discussion of these places. Secondly, these forums are a sub part of that. People come here with a common bond of winter sports. We might not agree on things from time to time, and things might get heated but that doesn't detract from this site.

Thirdly, if the giveaways were to stop, I would like to think most, if not all, of the members would still keep on coming back here because of our love for winter sports and Japan.

Now either become and active member of this forum, or leave us in peace.

I think this person really misjudged quite a few things here.

I don't understand why some people think and act like this.

I can only congratulate the site on doing so many good things for Japan winter sports.

I know for a fact that the managers at Zao here know about the site and are very happy that it exists.

Keep up the fine work.

• SnowJapan Admin

To those of you who have shown it, thanks for your support. :friend:

We have actually had a few people express a similar kind of opinions this season.

While people are entitled to their opinions on this subject and we can't do anything about that, I really do not want to keep on hearing comments like this on here and I'm not going to let any more through.

The thing is, such comments are not going to change the way we do things.

If anything, listening to what we feel are very unreasonable comments often strengthens our resolve to do things the way we see best fit.

We're quite stubborn that way!

Just for the record, I am sure that most of the resorts who donate tickets for our Giveaways (or "sponsors" as they have been labelled here) and know the fine details are very happy with the arrangement.

Some have expressed very positive thoughts about the idea of the Giveaways being open only to signed up members and people who join in the community.

You see, it increases the chance of those people coming back and sharing trip reports and photos on the Forums.

And therefore it benefits the resorts as well as the community.

That is certainly better - for the resorts, for the community - than people simply coming on here to get their freebies for doing nothing and then disappearing with their winning ticket and never coming back, never to share the experience.

We are not misleading anyone.

We certainly do not mean to and I think it is very clear for the Giveaways as I noted yesterday.

And to be accused of things like that is simply very, very annoying to us.

Sometime you have to pinch yourself when you hear people complaining about something such as our Giveaways. You know, the bit where we put tons of effort into arranging things, where we send free stuff out to people for nothing.

We try to keep disclaimers and that kind of thing on our site to a minimum, because frankly it's pretty sad when you have to keep on being on the defence all the time and seeing pages and pages of conditions etc.

We want to try and avoid that.

But again, the Giveaways thing is pretty clear.

The Giveaways are open to anyone who is signed up to these Forums and takes part.

It is free to register.

We are not asking for any money.

The only info you need to register is a valid email address, and furthermore that is not shown to other members and we do not use it for anything at all whatsoever.

You do not need to divulge any other information.

If you really do not want to take part properly in the Forums, you can get around it easily by simply posting a few totally anonymous - but non-troll-like - comments on the Forums, after which you will be able to enter the Giveaways.

That's hardly in the spirit of the thing though.

Regulars will have heard this before, but - if you don't like it, you're just going to have to deal with it.

Before you complain, remember that we owe you absolutely nothing.

Don't use our site... whatever.... we're fine with that. Really!

We don't live haunted by page views, never will, and I would much prefer to have less of them than have to deal with stuff like this.

I was debating whether to respond to this again.

Obviously, I have done, but this is the last from me/us on the subject.

• Like 1

I know what you mean GG, it is quite hard to believe that people think like that.

I guess there won't be that many more weeks of competitions left now, so this issue will go away for a while at least.

Being a snow geek i dont spend too much time in off topic... but my my, what a treat i nearly missed. :)

Can we have another round of giveaway complaints please. There must be a few new ones since the last lot.

ive won a couple. Ive been stoked out way more than i deserve. Gots the snowjapan stickers on my helmet and riot though to rep the team. Though they aint die-cuts, damn those things stay on! :)

PS. Concussion number 3 averted. Riding the little path through the trees past the top high speed lift at kagura to get to the little pow field when i heard this "THUNK!!!" that spun me around and clattered my elbow into another tree...

ooooh! also had near miss number 2 on the same path when i went too high to try and ride above a bunch of japanese dudes just sat on the path (****ing 6 of them on this path thats wide enough to fit one snowboard), unfortunately the path higher up is really unstable. Grabbed for a branch to stop myself.... the damn thing was a bungee tree or something... ended up falling backwards into a small tree sticking out horizontally which clipped my board, spun me around and then i took a massive tumble into one of them... oops! sorry dudes :eyes: I tell you this though, remember when ragdoll physics first hit video games and people would fall in this weird manner where it was like they had the worlds bendiest spine? That was me that was. Face first into the slope, but it was so steep and icy that my board scorpioned way over my head like a ragdoll. Brilliant stuff, though i really hope i didnt catch the dude. I dont think i did, but then again he did rub his knee a few minutes later in a manner that would indicate i may have.

No matter where i went i was plagued by that group just sitting on my line spending twenty minutes discussing where they were going and what theyd do. Every time i had to ride back on myself to get away from them.

Actually since im in a ranty place id like to take thsi opportunity to mention that travelling in groups of six and buddying up is commendable, but bloody hell its annoying.

I just don't get some people's sense of entitlement and where it comes from.

That general attitude really does annoy me.

The Giveaways are open to anyone who is signed up to these Forums and takes part.

It is free to register.

We are not asking for any money.

The only info you need to register is a valid email address, and furthermore that is not shown to other members and we do not use it for anything at all whatsoever.

You do not need to divulge any other information.

If you really do not want to take part properly in the Forums, you can get around it easily by simply posting a few totally anonymous - but non-troll-like - comments on the Forums, after which you will be able to enter the Giveaways.

That's hardly in the spirit of the thing though.

This is spot on.

Even if someone wants their freebies but doesn't want to 'join in' for whatever reason, they can easily post some stuff up here and get the ability to enter very easily.

but i dont want him to stop. I think he just misunderstood how this site is run, bless and tried to tap into a groundswell of complaints that the giveaways now require a few posts on the forum.

Unfortunately what he maybe didnt realise is that a) the mods/owners actively participate in this site a LOT so they will defend their policy. and b ) when that free lift ticket pops through your mail box you are stoked the **** out and suddenly 3 posts to save 4000+ yen seems comedic. :)

Come back OP, make a few posts, hang out, pop into the snow forums and chat about the places you love and hype everyone else. Its all good.

• Like 1

Well, er, no. He/she obviously does not want to do that. Otherwise they would have done that. They simply want something for nothing and are annoyed that they have can't.

It's as simple as that.

but i dont want him to stop.

You don't want him to stop... what exactly?

His complaining?

After all, that is all he has done.

He hasn't made any other comment and has shown no desire to - in fact, that is why he was complaining.

:confused:

• SnowJapan Admin

Unfortunately what he maybe didnt realise is that a) the mods/owners actively participate in this site a LOT so they will defend their policy.

Of course, given that we are the ones putting in the many thousands of hours of work and effort each year into these Forums and website, we are perfectly entitled to.

Anyone taking issue with that or anything else is free to go elsewhere, and at the same time not ask us to give them stuff for free. :wave:

Just for the record, this poster has not been 'banned'.

ippy, did you see any kind of sign that this person was interested in 'making a few posts, hanging out, popping into the snow forums and chat about the places love and hype'?

I sure didn't.