The iconic, world famous Emergency Telephone Box 11/12 (Yuzawa, Niigata)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it's true. The first snow has been spotted on the iconic and now totally world famous Emergency Telephone Box in Yuzawa. Only a bit and it has probably gone by now but we thought we needed to c

Good snow falling in Yuzawa now.   Here's the box at 3pm this afternoon. Hopefully in a few days we'll see a lot more  

i hope they have naked ladies in there....

Check out the "Spoiler" photo in the first post in this topic.

They seem to clear it just once or twice in a season. More important things to clear it would seem. Lets hope they are busy busy with other things once again. :)

We will be back in Yuzawa for 7 days in late January 2012, after spending 3 very snowy days there this year, cant wait to get back. After watching the threads about this amazing phone box for several years, we have to get our photo taken at the phone box.

How far is the walk from Gala to the phone box ? If walking from Gala is not an option, what is the easiest way to get there ?

Thanks

Dom and Dave

I just used Route Finder (on the main site here) to get this for you.

A is the phone box and B is of course the Gala base.

The orange road is the main Route 17.

Just come out of Gala base, down the slope, turn left and follow the road basically.... that road arrives at Route 17 and from there you will be able to see the box if you look left.

gallery_6744_85_49122.gif

If you are walking in wellies or normal shoes, I'd say 10 minutes.

Thank you Muikabochi,

I will assume about 10 minutes each way in snowboard boots and maybe a cold ale on the return to Gala :) I will be sure to add our photo to the gallery.

Hopefully you will be getting into all that wonderful snow that is falliing over the long weekend you have.

Thanks Dom and Dave

• 2 weeks later...