The iconic, world famous Emergency Telephone Box 11/12 (Yuzawa, Niigata)

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, it's true. The first snow has been spotted on the iconic and now totally world famous Emergency Telephone Box in Yuzawa. Only a bit and it has probably gone by now but we thought we needed to c

Good snow falling in Yuzawa now.   Here's the box at 3pm this afternoon. Hopefully in a few days we'll see a lot more  

i hope they have naked ladies in there....

No surely not! What have they done! Damm you workers for doing your job! Can we not enter this into a national heritage box site or something so that they are not allowed to clear the snow in winter! Outrage!

It was the 2nd week of Feb when they first cleared it last season, and it never recovered.

Remains to be seeing if it can this time, but I suspect we might have seen the peak of the phone box.

Not to say we won't get tons more snow, but this milder week has given them too much time to clear up and spoil it!

:grandpa:

Hope I'm wrong of course.

Just saw that all of Yamanashi and surrounding areas are under a heavy snow warning for tonight! Lovely, if we get enough I'll take a pic of a box here instead of the Yuzawa one just to tide everyone over until you guys get your next big dump next week! Actually that is if any public telephone boxes actually exist now, can't really say I have seen any?

Full on winter mode should be here with us Monday. After the heavy snow we had yesterday it has rained here today, but been dumping it nicely higher up!

Off skiing tomorrow in fresh snow!