• Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK, I have cruised through previous threads and started to gather details on who's going where for the 11/12 season. I figure it would be easier for folks to hook up with other SJ'ers (if they want to

Around Gunma and Niigata.

Tentative plan:   Hakuba Niseko   Late January.

Sounds Good Tex

Let's hope it's pukes all night and the sun shines during day.

Just let me know which day/s you are there.

Seemore

Will do will be short notice pending said pukage... Will be somewhere in the 2-6th feb set of days...

Cheers

That could be construed as emoticon abuse Tazza :friend:

Have a great time in Noz. I have fond memories of the place (and plenty of pics)

That bluebird day after a week of puking skies is what I live for!

I am staying at the resort and have meal tickets for breakfast and dinner so I really wont be heading out of the resort at night. Generally at night I like to head over to rusutsu tower on the monorail to the all you can eat buffet called bon appetite. For breakfast you cannot beat oktoberfest all you can eat buffet.

Its a pity we miss each other by a few days, especially as you are going solo, I know what its like travelling alone. Next year we should all T up a date and try to hit the place at the same time, maybe get some "gaijunfest 2013" shirts made up or something lol

Yeah I have eaten at the Tower a few times love those crab legs.

I was hoping to try a few different places (cheaper) as the dinner vouchers were $65 oz and I thought that was a bit steep I think it works out to only $30 oz if you pay directly.

Yeah bummer our paths don't cross not to worry more pow for you.

Seemore

On the 4th page of the forums!!

Well, we will be in Nozawa next week.

Will be going over to Niigata as well and then a bit of sightseeing too.

Sounds like they have enough snow. ;)

Whereabouts in Niigata are you going Bags?

Gozaimaas

Would have been good today with that weather.

Mate could you do a restaurant review if you visit the local eateries during your stay.

Cheers Seemore

Seemore, the restaurants outside of the north wing hotel near the main road are all pretty good, we didn't spend more than 5000 yen for 2 of us at all during our trip, including 2-3 drinks each at the restaurants. Pirateman is pretty good too, its around behind the little strip of restaurants, but my pick would be the Izakaya closest to the resort in the little strip of restaurants, I just can't remember the name of it, but I remember that next door to it was an upstairs place with fairy lights up the stairs.

Gozaimaas

Would have been good today with that weather.

Mate could you do a restaurant review if you visit the local eateries during your stay.

Cheers Seemore

Seemore, the restaurants outside of the north wing hotel near the main road are all pretty good, we didn't spend more than 5000 yen for 2 of us at all during our trip, including 2-3 drinks each at the restaurants. Pirateman is pretty good too, its around behind the little strip of restaurants, but my pick would be the Izakaya closest to the resort in the little strip of restaurants, I just can't remember the name of it, but I remember that next door to it was an upstairs place with fairy lights up the stairs.

Cheers Mate

Yeah thats where I was thinking of going couldn't find Pirateman last time.

Are the menus in english?

Seemore

Yes they do have english menus, but some places don't have many, so you may have to share with other tables.

RE: Pirateman, yes it is kind of hard to find. If you are standing looking at the little strip of restaurants, there is a short road to the left of the strip. It leads to a T intersection, turn right when you hit that. You will then find a sharp left hand corner, and a smaller road off to the left. The first building down the smaller road is Pirateman. It is only about 200m walk from the strip of restaurants, even though my directions make it seem much further.

List updated today

Thanks bags, Gozaimaas and Pillar :cheers: Bags and Pillar looks like you two are at Noz around the same time

To check it out go to Page one of this topic.

This will be the last update to the list till I get back from Japan in late Feb. Feel free to keep posting though :wavey: