Cool stuff on the new Forums you have just noticed

If you click on the Like This button on a post, you are giving a bit of rep to the member who posted it. Each one counts as a point, and on their user profile - right hand side - you will see a number.....

Got it, thanks!

• Like 1
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OK so I read the main intro and welcome and as they said there is absolutely tons of small but very cool things going on. http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php?/topic/20556-welcome-to-the-new-snow

If you click on the Like This button on a post, you are giving a bit of rep to the member who posted it. Each one counts as a point, and on their user profile - right hand side - you will see a numbe

Don't like the co ours of the menu bar?   Change them to the co our of your choice!

• 4 weeks later...

So many details to find, and still finding them!

Digging the options at the top of a list of posts (Recently update > Custom).

The Follow thing too.

Great stuff all round.

• SnowJapan Admin

Hi fukdane, and thanks.

No you aren't imagining it actually. It was there. A combination of some people not liking it, it taking up space and also just not being particularly useful are the reasons we took that off... one less kind of calculation required on page view as well.

:friend:

Check this out. Only just noticed this but time stamps are in my time zone, not Japan.

I presume that people who set themselves as being in Japan are seeing Japan time and people in Australia seeing Ozzie time etc.

:)

• 3 weeks later...

Still finding lots of new things on here!

One I have just found that I like.

When you look at a list of topics in a Forums section, there is a little icon to the left of the title. That shows you if you have posted in that topic or not.

Just noticed this.

If there are 20 pages in a topic and you can't click directly onto the page number, or, the middle, you can click on the Page 1 of 20 near the top and a little box will appear..... type the number you want to go to in there and hey presto!

Just noticed this.

If there are 20 pages in a topic and you can't click directly onto the page number, or, the middle, you can click on the Page 1 of 20 near the top and a little box will appear..... type the number you want to go to in there and hey presto!

Marvelous find that - how on earth did you discover it?

This one really is very cool.

I was in another topic writing a reply and this little message appeared at the top of the screen:

1 new replies added. Show me

Lo and behold, someone had posted something in that same topic while I was typing.

Very cool, I like that one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...