Welcome to the new SnowJapanForums [+ ongoing updates]

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome to the new Forums! Sorry it took as long as it did to get everything sorted.   Our regular members will already have noticed a big difference in the way everything looks. It's not just a big

Give Bob an extra-big bone. Hilary, Ben and silly-sausage, too.

OK we have just changed the time stamp settings on posts.   Now, posts made within the last hour will say "posted x minutes ago" and other posts made today and yesterday will say when they were post

• SnowJapan Admin

This actually is what you saw before, Pete, just tweaked and fine-tuned.

You'll have to elaborate re:old photos...... The photos you uploaded to the main site have not moved, they are still where they were. Links to the main site are on that top black menu bar.

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks folks.

The View New Content (right hand side of 2nd blue bar) can start off a bit strange for some reason.

Best way to "reset" it this first time is this:

Go to the View New Content page:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Make sure that "Content I have not read" is check marked on the left hand side. I say that because that is the kind of thing you are used to on the old forums.

Then go down to the bottom of the page, click on Mark Community Read, and then choose Mark all as read.

Click on the logo top left and it will take you back to the index page of the forums ---- and the counter should be at (0). It should work ok them.

Once you are used to it, you'll find it to be a really useful tool. Well, I hope so! :friend:

• SnowJapan Admin

For those who like to not appear on the Who's online list, when you login you now have the ability to do so "anonymously".

When you login, if you check the box next to the text below, you won't appear on that list.

Sign in anonymously

Don't add me to the active users list

PS We can still see you.... and obviously spend all day every day spying - as we do ;)

• SnowJapan Admin

Thanks for all the comments folks, both here and in emails etc.

Added some "blog-related" stats to the statistics that are near the bottom of the main index page of the Forums.

• SnowJapan Admin

The new logo has finally found it's way onto the pages of the main site. See if you can spot it. ;)

OK so we have some new updates to the main site coming soon. Hopefully around the 24th of the month. And then some further updates a bit later on, probably early November. We're getting it done as fast as we possibly can!

:friend: