...you're just not doing your 100% best for some reason. I sucked this weekend, and I don't know why. Maybe I was just tired \:\( Just wondering if anyone else experiences these 'off days'!?

sure...

happens all the time...sometimes you just don't feel it, and for some reason you feel like you have regressed years in level...there might be a correlation to the number of beers you had the night before ;\)

other days you are in the zone and you feel like you advanced several years...

most of the time you are skiing around your actual level hopefully having a good time and maybe pushing yourself a bit to get to the next step...

don't worry about those bad days...you got tons of good ones ahead! \:D

danz

no way frannyo! i contemplated posting the same topic in almost the same words on thursday. i was all over the place. felt i couldnt balance. my ollie lost all its timing. i felt like a beginner again. i tried to improve my mood and give it another shot, but i reckon i was firing at about 20% at best. i gave up after 6 runs and waited inside for 3 hours for the bus.

i think tiredness is very relevant. i have some annoying 'cold' thing that i cant shake. i stayed home yesterday, while my GF went riding without me.

im not surprised people have 'bad days', but i never expected a day could be as bad as that. in the end i put it down to health, so didnt end up posting the topic...

c'mon guys, it'll be alright. next time we go out we'll give it all we've got!

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
If I'm being a slacker, I kick myself and make a proper go of it
try dislocating your thumb. i found it had quite a sobering effect on me for the remainder of the day.

Yeah I have bad days too. I think the vast majority of people do.

I think it can happen for any number of reasons. Lack of sleep is a big one i reckon. Having a big night the night before is a killer, especially in the morning. I normally find im ok in the arvo. Also when i have heaps on my mind i find it hard to clear my head and just board - really really annoying.

I try to make the most of the limited time that I have on the snow, so I make sure I don't have bad days!

I have a philosophy that makes it so I never go home pissed off. I think I have left the hill with a bad attitude on maybe 2 or 3 days this year.

Even if I start out having a bad day, I tough it out. If the runs aren't working, then I hit the park. If the powder stashes aren't there, I play around on the rails. If the park sucks, then I try to find a decent line through some trees. If I am crashing every run, I check my boots and bindings, take 5 and go back up the lift.

I think the secret of turning bad days into good days, is perserverence and changing your focus. If you keep trying, you will eventually get warmed up and start doing what you want to. If one style is not working for you, try another style, change your way of thinking, and chances are you can find something new that makes you happy.

I try to land new tricks or grabs every day so that even if the rest of my day sucks, I can check off one or two new tricks. ;\)

• 2 weeks later...

Everyone has an off-day, but even on an off day I am happy to be out there. Usally on off days I start exploring. I tend to bring my pack and and flagging gear everywhere.

Its on these days that I try to find new lines or better ways out of the sweet spots.

Saturday sucked for me too, which was a bummer after an amazing two days the weekend before.

I find my best days are the ones where I'm boarding with someone better than I am which makes me push above and beyond, and try things I may not have on my own!

My day today wasn't so good as I had set my bindings centred and duck, although I was riding in unmanageable amounts of powder. By the time I adjusted the back binding, my legs were knackered.

More so than tired or hungover I find I ski shit if Im dehydrated which is pretty easy when you are hitting it hard. If its just not working for me in the morning after a few hrs I suck back a few cans of aquarius or mets, ski a few runs and hit the loo and its usually game on after that.

My wise friend had a philosophy that I am an avid subscriber to:

Theres always somewhere on the mtn thats uncrowded

Theres always somewhere that has good conditions

You just gotta go and find it

Wise wise man cool.gif