Torihada

Your flights would be I guess 110,000 each if bought at this end angry. 2300 quid for four is a big saving over that. Were you to fly in summer, I guess the UK cost would be the same but the cost of Japan to Europe semi-direct in July onwards is 130,000 plus.

If you're using an exterior ski rack, you could size down on your car to save money. You can get a lot of gear into a Fit/Jazz, almost as much as an estate.

It mightn't be so good for families, but how about Hakkoda? Can't be that far from you.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your money goes further in the UK though as things are a bit cheaper....for example a can of coke is around 60p which is around 90 cents, but AFAICR a can of coke was about $1.20....a pint of

I'd be interested too. Though wonder if I can living here, do I need a closeby branch.

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Torihada

Your flights would be I guess 110,000 each if bought at this end angry. 2300 quid for four is a big saving over that. Were you to fly in summer, I guess the UK cost would be the same but the cost of Japan to Europe semi-direct in July onwards is 130,000 plus.

If you're using an exterior ski rack, you could size down on your car to save money. You can get a lot of gear into a Fit/Jazz, almost as much as an estate.

It mightn't be so good for families, but how about Hakkoda? Can't be that far from you.

Weird. I think this reply was to another thread? I'm not too stressed about the flights. Someone told me today that Virgin were doing flights for approx £580 (prob ends early Dec). Flight prices from UK to Jpn are surprisingly low.

I am thinking about trying to get a smaller car and take less luggage (though 2 snowboards two sets of skiis and gear to go with that is quite a bit). I have thought about Hakkoda (I like the idea of losing the family in a snow storm) but I think I'm going to look in at Zao,swallow the accomodation costs & enjoy the onsen.

Gotta remember the real reason we're off to Jpn is to visit family.

Originally Posted By: 2pints,mate
We only had a fairly small car and it was plenty but that was for two of us. No need to go overboard on the size there.

First time I hired a car in Japan I booked a teeny car and got a lucky upgrade to an MPV. Last time an estate, which even with a rack we filled . Moral of the story: less clothes.

Whoops, wrong thread for that last post. But yeah, you get ripped for flights bought in Japan (580 on Virgin is but a dream) and a Fit is quite a big car. Luggage space is only 40 litres short of a Legacy estate, a car that will be a few rental ranks higher.

As for the pound, it might be time to buy some (!) With all the oldies and the debt, the future for Japan doesn't look too good, but every fall in the yen helps the exporters. Perhaps if there is a world recession coming and folks have less money for Japanese goods even at lower prices, the yen will fall and then keep falling.

Originally Posted By: grungy-gonads
Originally Posted By: torihada
Gotta remember the real reason we're off to Jpn is to visit family.

In that case, it's sorted then, no?

Yes. Bought tickets last night. Thank you Airmiles (which are due to disappear in Nov).

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
Whoops, wrong thread for that last post. But yeah, you get ripped for flights bought in Japan (580 on Virgin is but a dream) and a Fit is quite a big car. Luggage space is only 40 litres short of a Legacy estate, a car that will be a few rental ranks higher.

As for the pound, it might be time to buy some (!) With all the oldies and the debt, the future for Japan doesn't look too good, but every fall in the yen helps the exporters. Perhaps if there is a world recession coming and folks have less money for Japanese goods even at lower prices, the yen will fall and then keep falling.

Taken your advice and am going through the car choice carefully (have already knocked 30man off the price).

Can the Yen get any stronger? The pound weaker? I've spent all my spare cash on air tickets, I'm going to have to take my chances on the roller coaster ride of currency fluctuation. My boss keeps recounting the heady days of Y1000 to the GB£, but he could only afford to fly aeroflot.

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a looksee historically...

I need Euro for my January Trip.

AUD against both the Euro and Pound compared to almost 3 years ago when we last went is in a much better place.

In the last 5 years the time we went - it was at rock bottom!!! Talk about rough luck :lol:

But to hedge bets on it falling fast I think I might order some now.

Good for you Mamabear :thumbsup: When I first came here, it was like losing 50c for a dollar, my money went so quick :lol:

Now we want to go home and we won´t be getting twice as much in Aussie $ :rolleyes: Damn. Our timing sucks sometimes.

I think the Euro will still go down. Euro and Pound are really overpriced currency.

Frankly, I don't know why the banks or the governments don't just order up some more notes from the printers.

Get 10,000 trillion new dollars going round and that would surely solve some of the problems.

The printers will be kept busy as well so it would definitely be good for them at least!

Frankly, I don't know why the banks or the governments don't just order up some more notes from the printers.

Get 10,000 trillion new dollars going round and that would surely solve some of the problems.

The printers will be kept busy as well so it would definitely be good for them at least!

yeah, just don't tell anyone.....who's gonna know if a few trillion quid is floating around the population??!!

yeah, just don't tell anyone.....who's gonna know if a few trillion quid is floating around the population??!!

Obviously the plan needs a few details sorting out. But complex plans always do hey? ;)

The problem is that the governments are printing money but they are giving it to the wrong people. Its going to the banks who have noone to lend it to.

They should just give it to ordinary people like me. I spend it pronto!

what they should do then is ask people what 5 things they'd like to buy for themselves/house if they had X-amount of money, then the government can go buy every household some of the stuff they asked for.......people get stuff and companies get money the economy gets stimulated!! :D