Norcal... From ZY?

Today the rate at the Lucky LTD type places was just under 76 I think. I transfer money from my credit card to my wife via paypal in Yen so, I get the international rate. I think it basically works out the same with the fees but I earn miles at the same time. Paying all my bills earns me a free roundtrip ticket to mainland every year.

Yeah same SN on ZY too. 'Community' bank doesn't feel like changing the yen rate with the rest of the world, lol. On a mission to find an exchange off base.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think your money goes further in the UK though as things are a bit cheaper....for example a can of coke is around 60p which is around 90 cents, but AFAICR a can of coke was about $1.20....a pint of

I'd be interested too. Though wonder if I can living here, do I need a closeby branch.

• 1 month later...

Maybe you could take their pounds for a middle price. You get the currency and cash when the price is right.

for that, I would have to have at east SOME yen to give to them in return! :lol:

Wow the Snow Talk forum really moves quickly at the moment this was on the 3rd page!

Anyway, I went to the post office today. Sending 1.6 million yen. Went at 11:55am. They gave me a quote. By the time all the usual kerfuffle had finished it was 12:15pm and they had to re-do it. I was mildly irritated by that until I found out that I got 12,000 yen back!

:veryshocked:

So within a few minutes the rate had changed enough to give me a bonus of 12,000 yen. Not bad hey!

Wow the Snow Talk forum really moves quickly at the moment this was on the 3rd page!

Anyway, I went to the post office today. Sending 1.6 million yen. Went at 11:55am. They gave me a quote. By the time all the usual kerfuffle had finished it was 12:15pm and they had to re-do it. I was mildly irritated by that until I found out that I got 12,000 yen back!

:veryshocked:

So within a few minutes the rate had changed enough to give me a bonus of 12,000 yen. Not bad hey!

Better return than Pachinko Muika

• 1 month later...

:lol: I trust you're having a snowboarding stag weekend! ;)

Back on topic, I hadn't realised that the Pound had started creeping up again! I better start paying more attention given that I'm just about to start hitting my British credit card again!! :D