The FOOTBALL Thread (2011-2012)

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bit of a shame really to have the Mancurians meeting this early

Didn't Sky used to put on FA cup games or was it just the semis and the final or something?

At first i was all like... hahahahahahahaahahaha!!! then i was all like, "well, there goes the last remaining slither of interest anyone might have about the SPL! but then i thought about it again and

"With next week’s fixture being staged on a Monday evening due to Sunday being ruled out by the local authorities as a result of the Greater Manchester Marathon, the build-up to the fixture is likely to reach fever pitch over the coming week"

a likely story! ;)

Snowjunky, Miller was no stranger to a pie supper, thats for sure. What you said sums up his whole career. Unfortunate to have come through at Rangers when Gazza was there as he was easily led and Gazza needed no convincing to drink a skinful.

Damn, we can't laugh at Terry for losing it again. ;)

Not for losing the match, but I guess you can laugh at "Mr. Chelsea" for not being there when Chelsea got the big result in the big game. And when they won the final if they go onto do that.

Not that I saw the match yesterday :p

Chelsea though, two CL finals with two temporary managers, the second possibly against Mourinho. Funny old game etc. etc.

Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner

• Like 1

Alex Ferguson has controversially dropped talismanic referee Howard Webb from Man Utd’s starting 12 for the crucial Premier League clash with Man City, and will instead hand a start to Andre Marriner

:lol: hope its a cracker, a few sendings off and a lot of goals......last man standing wins

a likely story! ;)

Snowjunky, Miller was no stranger to a pie supper, thats for sure. What you said sums up his whole career. Unfortunate to have come through at Rangers when Gazza was there as he was easily led and Gazza needed no convincing to drink a skinful.

Not too sure on Charlie Miller, but a do remember Charlie Nicholas who also moved south. Champagne Charlie!

All this ref talk makes me chuckle. Oh yes it does.

You just can't go moaning about the number of penalties etc without seeing the circumstance in which they were awarded (or not), there and then in that specific game.

Simple as that.

And anyway, the stats regarding Mr Webb in particular simply don't 'add up'.

http://5addedminutes.com/2011/02/07/howard-webb-manchester-uniteds-12th-man/

No doubt someone will predictably take a 10 seconds quick look at the above link, isolate one or two numbers that stand out to them and provide them as 'proof' of his terrible unfair record.

Let me bring out another cliche from my Well Worn Bag Of Cliches, I think gg used it recently...... haters are gonna hate.